2005 Hybrid Build.

Discussion for swapping a KDX motor in a MX frame...
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

QBB<[/url]
canuckhybrid125 wrote: [img][img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee35 ... 001-11.jpg[/img][/img]
Nice foot pegs. I imagine your boots don't slip off those too often.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

No they should be fine. They are in exactly the same place that the KDX had them. Right under water pump. Should work out nicely.
Yeah, that does look fine when you see it with the motor and footpegs/lever in place. I need to add something like that to mine, I've torn off two brake levers.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Bouillion

Powder Coated Frame!

Post by Bouillion »

Well my son proved to be quite resourceful, he located another local Powder Coat shop I had not found. I just picked it up from the guy who seemed to be just as excited as I was. Most of the powder coating he does is Oil Field related, he liked the fact that this little project was out of the ordinary for him. He used a very shiny Powder Coat that appears to have metallic material in it? You can't really see it in the pic however, when the sun hits it, it pops!

I wasn't expecting to get it back till Tuesday. I need to finish cleaning up the motor then its re-assembly time.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Man... I need to get on one of these.... Looks GREAT!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Bouillion

Re-assembly

Post by Bouillion »

I was hoping the motor was going to clean-up a little better and easier but, not so! I figured it will have to do since it won't take but a couple of rides and it will be back to where it was. Just taking a quick break since its hot down here in Louisiana in July and I'm waiting for the sealant I used for the air box mode to dry. If I had the new sprocket in hand there would be no breaks (I'd have to ride it this afternoon), but it won't be in till Tuesday.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

If you have a compressor, you can rig up a soda blaster pretty easy. That will clean your engine right up.

Bike is looking great man!
Bouillion

Post by Bouillion »

>|QBB<[/url]
juliend wrote:If you have a compressor, you can rig up a soda blaster pretty easy. That will clean your engine right up.

Bike is looking great man!
Thanks! I don't have a suitable air compressor at this time so Im going to settle for "pretty clean" on the motor. I didn't get much further on the build but my son was out of town for the weekend so, having a little left for him to help with isn't a bad thing. I should be riding it by the weekend. I need to get the head stay bracket made and work with the coolant lines then we should be ready to ride?
Bouillion

3rd

Post by Bouillion »

Well she didn't start 1st crank but I guess I'll settle for 3rd!

I just couldn't resist cranking her up. Head stay brackets are drying, sprocket showed up today but I just didn't have time to get it all together.

I have golf game planned for tomorrow afternoon so, I guess I'm going to have to let my son be the first to ride? That SUCKS!

Expect final pics soon.
Bouillion

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Bouillion »

I can't thank KDXRIDER.NET and all the guys who posted their builds or gave advice enough!

This was our first ever bike build and without all the info we found here, we would have never been able to do it. In fact, we would have never gotten the idea! It was dark when we finally got her all together so my son and I only took one quick spin up the drive and back. Its going to be a wheelie monster!

THANKS!

P.S. THats my son admiring MY bike!

Last edited by Bouillion on 10:07 pm Jul 29 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Man... that thing is just cryin'... "RIDE ME!!!! NOW!!!! RIDE ME!!!!"
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Bouillion

Post by Bouillion »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Man... that thing is just cryin'... "RIDE ME!!!! NOW!!!! RIDE ME!!!!"
You telling me and I'm the judge!! Its going to be too hot to hit the woods this weekend but, we are definitely going to burn a little gas around the house. I'm so glad we decided to do this project!

To add; I sold the KX motor today for $930!!!!
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Its going to be too hot to hit the woods this weekend but,

C'mon now, it's not too hot. It's like this half the year, at least!

The bike looks very nice.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Bouillion

Post by Bouillion »

>|<>QBB<
KarlP wrote:
Its going to be too hot to hit the woods this weekend but,

C'mon now, it's not too hot. It's like this half the year, at least!

The bike looks very nice.
I know, my son was ready and willing. Its a two hour drive one way for us and I hate to not get a full day in. When its 98 degrees and 100% humidity it hard for me to make a full day of riding. However, I can make up a better excuse, my radiator guards didn't come in, I'd do fine without since I don't ride hard. But I know my son would tear up a few miles if we went and he needs the radiator guards! Ha!
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by David_L6 »

Bouillion,

That bike looks great! Good job. Very good.

What part of Louisiana are you in? I'm just northwest of Shreveport.
2000 KDX200 / 2002 CR250 / 2003 CR250 / 2008 TT-R230 / 2011 Brute Force 750 / 2012 Brute Force 750 EPS
KDX220rser

Post by KDX220rser »

>|<>QBB<
David_L6 wrote:Bouillion,

That bike looks great! Good job. Very good.

What part of Louisiana are you in? I'm just northwest of Shreveport.
We are from the Lafayette area. Where u ride?
09 KTM 250 XC-W
2005 KX-DX Hybrid
03 Ozark (under construction)
1978 Honda NC50 (under construction)
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by David_L6 »

We ride some on some private land just north of Coushatta. We were riding a lot at Plain Dealing but the owner recently bulldozed the track and closed the trails to build an RV park.

My son races the Acadiana Racing ( http://www.acadianaracing.com/ ) Louisiana Cross Country series so we are all over the state going to those races. The owner of Acadiana Racing is near you. He's from Carencro, LA.
2000 KDX200 / 2002 CR250 / 2003 CR250 / 2008 TT-R230 / 2011 Brute Force 750 / 2012 Brute Force 750 EPS
KDX220rser

Post by KDX220rser »

>|<>QBB<
David_L6 wrote:We ride some on some private land just north of Coushatta. We were riding a lot at Plain Dealing but the owner recently bulldozed the track and closed the trails to build an RV park.

My son races the Acadiana Racing ( http://www.acadianaracing.com/ ) Louisiana Cross Country series so we are all over the state going to those races. The owner of Acadiana Racing is near you. He's from Carencro, LA.
Yeah i race that series too. I work with a guys who kinda runs Acadiana Dirt Riders. We prob go to the same races. how old is your Boy? what class he races in?
09 KTM 250 XC-W
2005 KX-DX Hybrid
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by David_L6 »

>|QBB|QBB<[/url]
David_L6 wrote:We ride some on some private land just north of Coushatta. We were riding a lot at Plain Dealing but the owner recently bulldozed the track and closed the trails to build an RV park.

Yeah i race that series too. I work with a guys who kinda runs Acadiana Dirt Riders. We prob go to the same races. how old is your Boy? what class he races in?[/quote]

He's 18 and races the Beginner Open class on a CR250.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
KDX220rser

Post by KDX220rser »

>|QBB|QBB|QBB<[/url]

Yeah i race that series too. I work with a guys who kinda runs Acadiana Dirt Riders. We prob go to the same races. how old is your Boy? what class he races in?[/quote]

He's 18 and races the Beginner Open class on a CR250.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/quote]

Same class as me. We taking woods racing not MX right? I've only done Harscrambles though. I dont recognize that bike, but i will keep an eye out for it next race. You guy headed to Spring Hill August 29th?
09 KTM 250 XC-W
2005 KX-DX Hybrid
David_L6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by David_L6 »

We'll be there. We enjoyed that race last year. He was #269 last year, but Lucas had to revamp the numbers for this year so he's running 333 now. What number are you running?