GPS

Got questions? We got answers....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I kinda thought I did answer those questions. Here in order you are now listing them:
1. Brand is GARMIN
2. Model is GPSmap 60CSx
3. It works. See the photos????
4. It takes abuse. See what the photos are of????
5. Must features; tracking, speed, odo, google earth compatability.
6. Mount to bars; up front and centered. There's even a photo of that.

Now, my first post here said to do what? That's right.... do a search on GPS. I just did. There are threads where people post what they have and their opinions. Now don't be lazy. This site only has room for one lazy poster and that position is currently taken by me!!!

You piss me off!!

Here is a start on doing a search for ya!
http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... hlight=gps
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

I never thought of you as lazy

I just thought you were OLD!
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

You piss me off too, you, you, sushi hog you!!

WasaBiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I'd like 2 Wibbys please.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
rdsrf

Post by rdsrf »

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't buy a computer or any electronics based on dated information and experiences. If I piss you off, please don't bother to reply.
Last edited by rdsrf on 04:22 am Oct 27 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Must be testosterone season! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

People need a hug around here I guess.

Now, on the links, and the search, the link I posted was begun on Sept. 29, 2007. That is not dated information!! That is 6 month old information.

What the heck is a stuff mouth and a years old?? "You guys" does indeed translate to Skipro.
Last edited by skipro3 on 10:04 am Apr 27 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Been allot of unfriendly talk around here lately... That is not needed or wanted on this forum so let's knock it off.

People do have feelings but we can have a little thicker skins too..... It's all about balance.....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

FWIW I still recommend the Lowrance ifinder h20
I believe this unit has been unchanged for around 5 years :mrgreen:
07 KTM 640 Adventure
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

How do you mount your uh... unit?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

saddletramp
Supporting Member

Post by saddletramp »

I have the regular bicycle mount for my Legend and it's o.k. I would look at the RAM mount, I know Cabelas sells them. The RAM mount is fully adjustable with a ball and socket pivot point, just make sure to secure them with a lanyard as back up. Any of the new "units" should be good Magellan, Garmin, not familiar with Lowrance but I hear good things about them.
2000 KDX 200 97 KX 125 Front End
1996 CR 250
03 RM 65 2000 YZ 80
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

I broke 2 of the garmin bicycle mounts with my e-map.

RAM is the only way I go now.

1" rail mount ball attached to the center of the bars, short RAM arm and a RAM cradle with a 1" ball on the back is my KDX set up.
07 KTM 640 Adventure
rdsrf

Post by rdsrf »

I think you need some new glasses. Sorry for the unfriendly talk everyone, I'm done with it.
Last edited by rdsrf on 04:23 am Oct 27 2008, edited 1 time in total.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
rdsrf wrote:I think you need some new glasses. Looks like "months" to me. Yeah, I guess 6 months doesn't seem too long, if you're like 100 years old or something. Sorry for the unfriendly talk everyone, I'm done with it.
It is my hope that someday you learn that the world doesn't revolve around you; that when you ask for help, you take what is given you and you learn to say thank you once in a while.
Jerry

TWMOODY
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TWMOODY »

Garmin tracks turn out with long straight line segments between points, lowrance tracks follow the exact curves of your path.

The long segments on the Garmin can be changed by increasing the speed of the tracking. The only set back is the amount of memory
that is on the device, the less memory the faster you fill your track.
I would guess Ski's tracking to be set to mark every 15-20 seconds or so ?
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

>|<>QBB<
TWMOODY wrote:Garmin tracks turn out with long straight line segments between points, lowrance tracks follow the exact curves of your path.

The long segments on the Garmin can be changed by increasing the speed of the tracking. The only set back is the amount of memory
that is on the device, the less memory the faster you fill your track.
I would guess Ski's tracking to be set to mark every 15-20 seconds or so ?
You may be correct, but I do remember straight line segments on my old garmin tracks, like it averaged out the minor changes.
It was one thing that really stood out when I got my Lowrance.

As I recall the number of track points are also limited on the Garmins to around 500 per saved track and 20 tracks total.
The Lowrance allows 9,999 points per track and 100 tracks total.
This has actually caused problems in the past with Google earth as its limits were not that high (they may be now).
It only happened on all day road rides in the mountains where you really rack up the track points, over the 6000 point level as I recall.
07 KTM 640 Adventure
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I have confirmed that my Garmin only will save 500 points on a track. I still like it just fine though.
Jerry

GS

Post by GS »

5 hunert should be adequate! :roll: