Shift Large Gear Bag

Feedback on products.....
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shift Large Gear Bag

Post by skipro3 »

I ordered and received one of these from Rocky Mountain for under $60. It is the best gear bag I've ever used. Seperate boot compartments on each end of the bag for balance, then there are extra pouches on the ends of those to hold your fanny pack on one side and your hydration pack on the other; again for balance. The center holds 2 chest protectors, riding clothes, helmet and still has room for things like goggles and such. On the sides are pouches for things like extra goggle lenses or gloves. There's a fold out mat to stand on so you don't get dirt and such on your socks as you change from shoes to boots and back again. Well made and has handles on each end, a standard double handle and a shoulder strap. If it had wheels, it would be perfect. For this price though, you'd be nuts not to order one if you are needing a bag.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Ondatrail

Post by Ondatrail »

Surprising! I always thought Shift as being cheap, but $15 jeseys tend to be just that :doh:
I am the Night Rider! I’m a fuel injected suicide machine! I am a rocker, I am a roller, I am the out-of-controller
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

This bag is well worth the money. Even the boot compartments have drain holes. Best bag I've ever owned or even seen for that matter if it had wheels. I'll see about adding some. Maybe put USD suspension on it too!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Pretty nice ski.... I got an old Marlboro bag I got years ago for smoking too much that almost holds everything. I will have to look into getting one of these.... Thanks for the review!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I've always had to toss my (muddy) boots in the bed of the truck after a ride because they would get everything dirty. Now with individual pouches for them, it is great. Also, I can carry both my under jersey and standard chest protectors at the same time in the same bag. Usually I would have to decide before leaving home which one I would use that day. It's just nice that there are the individual pockets and that the quality is so good. Zippers are real nice. I didn't think the helmet would fit in there too , but it does.
Jerry

Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

I have one of those lightweight Harbor Freight trailers for our bikes for a total load that my Subaru Forrester handles very adequately. Problem is I struggle with both my gear and my sons and placing it in the rear of the vehicle and creating a huge mess.

I'll need two!

Great piece of info, thanks for posting Ski
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

))>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote:I have one of those lightweight Harbor Freight trailers for our bikes for a total load that my Subaru Forrester handles very adequately. Problem is I struggle with both my gear and my sons and placing it in the rear of the vehicle and creating a huge mess.

I'll need two!

hein? problem with a subaru pulling a harbor trailer?????
note: i've had a few 2nite (it's xmas afterall :mrgreen: so it may make more sense later)
but ... hein?
I have a weak 120 hp hatchback focus and I had no touble getting to the ozark with my trailer AND my gear (+ some more) with the DRZ AND (some) beers (i.e A LOT :mrgreen: ) AND my dog, ok he's only 20lb wet but still, he's a big dog (at least in his head :mrgreen:)
Oh wait ...never mind I sobered up ... makes sense now :roll: you're just looking 4 an excuse to get a couple of 'em bags :twisted: I can relate, ANY excuse IS good to get gears :supz:
Rick
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Rick »

:partyman: shew.......
Yes, they really do let me drive the Train!
1991 KDX 250 $Sold but not forgotten....
1996 Suzuki DR 350 $Sold!
2002 Honda CR 250 worth more than my house at this point........ :-)
2004 DR 650se Road Warrior
2002 DL1000 V-STROM
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote:I have one of those lightweight Harbor Freight trailers for our bikes for a total load that my Subaru Forrester handles very adequately. Problem is I struggle with both my gear and my sons and placing it in the rear of the vehicle and creating a huge mess.

I'll need two!

I have a Yakama Rocket Box on top of my Forester. Great for tossing muddy gear and snow packed skis / boots. Well worth the price for the extra space it represents.
Jerry

wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

Thanks for the report Ski, I'm in the market for a bag and now I know where to look! :supz:
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
scheckaet wrote:))>|<>QBB<

I'll need two!

hein? problem with a subaru pulling a harbor trailer?????
note: i've had a few 2nite (it's xmas afterall :mrgreen: so it may make more sense later)
but ... hein?
I have a weak 120 hp hatchback focus and I had no touble getting to the ozark with my trailer AND my gear (+ some more) with the DRZ AND (some) beers (i.e A LOT :mrgreen: ) AND my dog, ok he's only 20lb wet but still, he's a big dog (at least in his head :mrgreen:)
Oh wait ...never mind I sobered up ... makes sense now :roll: you're just looking 4 an excuse to get a couple of 'em bags :twisted: I can relate, ANY excuse IS good to get gears :supz:
A few??
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

just a few :mrgreen: felt in a pretty joly good mood