Got questions? We got answers....
Oldschool
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Fender ,Tool bag on or off?

Post by Oldschool »

Hey Guys
Does you Rear fender tool bag kick you in the butt
when you go over whoops or in a panic you slide back because of a sudden obstacle only to bottom your bottom out on your wire cutters,
Plug & axle wrench ,Space blanket,Flare gun,hibachi grill etc. ?

Maybe you just get used to it?
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I just got used to it. I worry that if I dont take it all I will need a plug. You can try to find a bag for the front. My brother found a camera bag that works nicely. It isn't as roomy he has a plug and pliers and that is about all it will fit.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

If you want to putt-putt around, the fender bag is OK, but if you want to ride to the full potential of the bike (including moving around on it, sliding it under stuff and watching it motor through rough stuff sometimes without you riding it :mrgreen: ) you need to use a fanny pack for your stuff.
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
Oldschool
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Oldschool »

I have a Kick a$$ fanny from my Cr days.
I don't want to pay $50.00 for an after market fender
Is there anything cheaper....or just take it off and leave it and then having four holes in my stock fender! :mrgreen:
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

I ran my original rear fender for six years with no light and four holes where the bag used to be. I didn't care and the squirrels and deer didn't care either! Fenders end up getting blitzed by our boots anyway.... :supz:
Now that I've got another KDX and am a fashion conscious high-zoot kind of guy, I'm running a maier black mx-style....but it's starting to look pretty rough after only 8 rides or so...too bad... its going to be there for a loooong time. :mrgreen:
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I use a MOOSE Fender Pack. Helps keep my arse on the bike.. I have long legs so it does not really interfere with me
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Just what I want, bunch of sharp pointy things strapped around my waist :rolleyes:

If you go with a front fender mount be sure and brace it, I have a spare tube pack on the front of the DR, offroad, going over rough **** the tip of the fender catches on the tire
Acerbis makes a nice fender brace

Not everyone is fortunate enough to ride a KDX, thats why I carry all my tools, so I can help that poor guy on the punkin get back home
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

And that's about right Wibs!
I have never had to pull my tools out of my pack. Never a spark plug... nothing! So, the only thing I can think of why they put that on a KDX is to carry snacks and beer. :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Oldschool
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Oldschool »

True, the only thing I ever needed was Wire cutters from old fences that
Wrapped around my wheel (I thought if I just kept on going it would break off) WRONG! I lost two laps and drove 3 hours to this race,
What a waste.
Inda I had Beers and my cell phone in my Tool bag once and one of the beers sprung a leak Drowning my Cell phone (What away to go though)
:partyman:
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kawagumby »

>|<>QBB<
Mr. Wibbens wrote: Not everyone is fortunate enough to ride a KDX, thats why I carry all my tools, so I can help that poor guy on the punkin get back home

True. :mrgreen:
I have, however, had times when my bike got wrapped around a tree on the downside of a steep deer trail. The only way out? Took off the rear wheel to get it apart from the tree.
I also carry a pulley and rope. The rope is looped around my back carried-water bottle and the pulley is in the fanny pack. I've used both several times to get my bike back on the trail.

As far as bike failures go...I've run ten or so kdx's into oblivion, and in that time I've only had two outright failures, an ignition coil and the internal shifter spring. I can only wish my bod was so bullet-proof!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Jinxed myself today

Went over a big water bar, jumped it and when I came down my left boot slipped off the peg, I looked down and my footpeg was upside down. The lower bolt fell out, so I had to stop and use the bailing wire out of my tool kit to patch it up :wink:

Before that I let Carvr borrow my Fredette Riders Wrench so we could change out his flattened tube on the back of his KDX
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS