2020 KX250

Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

2020 KX250

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Just picked up a 2020 KX250. It was the PO wife's bike, which they claimed she road a handful of times and was thus "low hour." I was hesitant at first because it had not been washed clearly from the last time it was ridden, but the touch points indicated the the low hour claim was potentially true. The air filter was clean, the tires are original, as were the grips, and the chain, slider, and sprockets were also all original and looked in like new condition. The wheels and hubs also showed minimal to no ware. I should have taken a before and after shot, but I was just so excited to get it cleaned up. The only thing I missed was a small crack in the left shroud. The rest of the plastics show ware, but if I recall the OEM Kawasaki plastics aren't the best for hiding scuffs, scrapes, etc. I'd like to get OEM shrouds because of the injection molded graphics, but not sure I can justify $130 each. I'll get a few ride on it and then decide. Might just go Acerbis kit with FX OEM style graphics.

As usual, the goal of the budget build is out the window LOL. Sometimes tinkering on bikes is almost as fun as riding them. So far I added the basics: frame guards, slip on muffler with spark arrestor (which was a killer deal as it was discontinued), hour meter, and I changed the oil/oil filter along with the air filter. Grips and rad guards are next, but after that I just need to ride.

I am excited to see how the motor and suspension compares to my previous RMZ 250 and YZ250f. Unfortunately no ride report will be shared for a couple months as we wait out the winter here. If I had private land I could still ride, but all the local public areas are closed for the season despite the lack of snow. Should be a blast!
KX25002.jpg
KX25002.jpg (128.22 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
KX25001.jpg
KX25001.jpg (113.5 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 2020 KX250

Post by SS109 »

Nice! Don't forget to give us a ride report once you get some seat time.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

SWEET! Congratulations on the new scooter. It looks great. Let us know what you think when it thaws out and you can ride.

By the way, 70 here today. :-)
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Absolutely! That is the one thing I miss about California, riding season never ends.

I also added a CV4 high pressure rad cap too. Handlebar height could be a concern since I am tall with long arms. I just need to tell myself, patience until I actually get a few rides on it LOL!
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200