Hi...its John a new KDX E1 owner from Liverpool

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
jonellie

Hi...its John a new KDX E1 owner from Liverpool

Post by jonellie »

Just introducing myself to all you good folk. Just bought a 1989 E1 and will be no doubt be asking a few questions when i recommision the bike . Looking for a original rear fender with the proper tail light unit and maybe a original headlight unit......i know not a big ask!!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Hi...its John a new KDX E1 owner from Liverpool

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. Good luck on the rebuild.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Congrats on the bike, welcome to the forum
johnapp

Post by johnapp »

Hi John I posted earlier about my purchasing a 1989 kdx sr you'll have difficulty in locating the bits you need I suggest you look at Oz/ SA or the US, bits are hard to come by and I am awaiting a rear shock clevis/suspension strut from Oz, my unit has hairline cracks around the clevis, I trust your suspension strut is sound , I am hoping to use KAIS suspension (pretty local to us up the E.lancs)) to refurbish the suspension, check around the clevis on yours (hopefully it doesn't need rebuilding) the hairline cracks are pretty difficult to spot but KAIS won't refurbish without a sound clevis.If you need your carb / calipers/master cylinder overhauling there's an guy in Rainford who does an excellent job at a very reasonable price. Not sure how the E! differs from mine, but mine is Autolube and fully road compliant. regards john
johnapp

Post by johnapp »

Hi John, just noticed you happened to mention about the original rear light unit I'm sure you can buy the red lens from Aliexpress/Banggood can't remember which, but they're only about £6, along with things like brake pads which I got from Aliexpress and handguards which although not the originals they look very good for about £2 what's not to like, plus things like button stainless bolts for very little cost. regards john