Trials techniques: double blip vs zap

Have a question about technique?
Husky250

Trials techniques: double blip vs zap

Post by Husky250 »

Here's a lil vid on how to do the double blip vs the zap (both trials techniques). I dont do all the well at it but practice makes perfect eventually (hopefully)
Husky250

Re: Trials techniques: double blip vs zap

Post by Husky250 »

I was thinking noone saw this but it seems 18 people have looked at it, just no comments.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Dude. You're a hell of a lot better at it than most anyone on this site, so I doubt anyone is going to pipe up with anything besides "COOL" or "NEAT". :mrgreen: I doubt anyone is going to say, "YOU'RE DOING IT ALL WRONG." :lol:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

Looking good!!!! That’s my resolution for the coming year - start working on getting over big logs effectively and mastering practical wheelies. Keep up the great work with the videos, they really are appreciated, fbook has made every one lazy with the thumbs up button.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
Husky250

Post by Husky250 »

MoonStomper wrote: 12:41 am Jan 01 2021 Looking good!!!! That’s my resolution for the coming year - start working on getting over big logs effectively and mastering practical wheelies. Keep up the great work with the videos, they really are appreciated, fbook has made every one lazy with the thumbs up button.
I hear ya! I've run many many marathons and a few Ironman triathlons but now I'm fatter and more outta shape than at any time in my life. Soooooo Lazy. you don't need to be an expert to see something on a video that noone else sees. dont be shy everyone I take every comment to heart and head out and try to improve daily. I'm pretty happy with this 87 KDX right now, she's exactly what I thought she'd be. by the end of the 2021 season I'm gonna ask her to compete at a world class level so any input you guys can give is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!
Husky250

Post by Husky250 »

Husky250 wrote: 02:07 am Jan 01 2021
MoonStomper wrote: 12:41 am Jan 01 2021 Looking good!!!! That’s my resolution for the coming year - start working on getting over big logs effectively and mastering practical wheelies. Keep up the great work with the videos, they really are appreciated, fbook has made every one lazy with the thumbs up button.
MoonStomper I'm in NE Ohio so if you ever want to ride let me know. I'm retired military. tomorrow I will be driving 5 hours to cinci to get a ride in. if you are of a hard enduro mind let me know and I will come down there and we can do a day of training!
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

Husky250 wrote: 03:43 am Jan 01 2021
MoonStomper I'm in NE Ohio so if you ever want to ride let me know. I'm retired military. tomorrow I will be driving 5 hours to cinci to get a ride in. if you are of a hard enduro mind let me know and I will come down there and we can do a day of training!

I’m ex-Navy myself - Desert Storm era. Started on mountain bikes in college and raced hundred milers on mountain bikes (Shenandoah Mountain 100, Wilderness 101etc.) until just a few years ago. Still racing mountain bike enduros (WVENDURO SERIES) with my son, but definitely not in the shape I was. Planning to do as much of the Virginia Championship Hare Scramble Series as I can and hopefully the Sumter Enduro this year. That hard enduro stuff is very interesting.

You should look up Kairos Resort in Giles County, Virginia. They are doing a hard enduro again this year and Graham Jarvis is going to compete there again and I believe he’s planning another rider instruction day. Very cool stuff! Hoping I can afford to participate. If anyone can make it out here I’d definitely come out and give you the locals only tour. Nice camping there, fun single track, challenging terrain and a beautiful location.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
Husky250

Post by Husky250 »

MoonStomper wrote: 09:07 am Jan 01 2021

I’m ex-Navy myself - Desert Storm era. Started on mountain bikes in college and raced hundred milers on mountain bikes (Shenandoah Mountain 100, Wilderness 101etc.) until just a few years ago. Still racing mountain bike enduros (WVENDURO SERIES) with my son, but definitely not in the shape I was. Planning to do as much of the Virginia Championship Hare Scramble Series as I can and hopefully the Sumter Enduro this year. That hard enduro stuff is very interesting.

You should look up Kairos Resort in Giles County, Virginia. They are doing a hard enduro again this year and Graham Jarvis is going to compete there again and I believe he’s planning another rider instruction day. Very cool stuff! Hoping I can afford to participate. If anyone can make it out here I’d definitely come out and give you the locals only tour. Nice camping there, fun single track, challenging terrain and a beautiful location.
Yeah I was Desert Storm era too (to start). I was also stationed in SoCal and worked in (and raced for) Cyco-path bicycle shop. I've only done one 100 miler MTB race (Mohican MTB 100). Did the Furnace Creek 508 back in '93 and many many many other MTB races. Started running again after a while and was a distance coach for 10 years and did a few marathons and 2 Ironman triathlons. Actually I'm planning on doing Kairos as my season closer.

Heres my MTB training ride from 2 days ago
Husky250

Post by Husky250 »

KDXGarage wrote: 12:00 am Jan 01 2021 Dude. You're a hell of a lot better at it than most anyone on this site, so I doubt anyone is going to pipe up with anything besides "COOL" or "NEAT". :mrgreen: I doubt anyone is going to say, "YOU'RE DOING IT ALL WRONG." :lol:
AWWWW Thanks for the encouragement!!!!
Husky250

Post by Husky250 »

Husky250 wrote: 10:04 am Jan 01 2021
MoonStomper wrote: 09:07 am Jan 01 2021
I’m going down to Blacksburg VA tomorrow so I thought of you. I called kairos to see if I could ride my mtb there for an hour as I drove by. They said $25...... that’s a lil steep for an hours riding.

Yeah I was Desert Storm era too (to start). I was also stationed in SoCal and worked in (and raced for) Cyco-path bicycle shop. I've only done one 100 miler MTB race (Mohican MTB 100). Did the Furnace Creek 508 back in '93 and many many many other MTB races. Started running again after a while and was a distance coach for 10 years and did a few marathons and 2 Ironman triathlons. Actually I'm planning on doing Kairos as my season closer.

Heres my MTB training ride from 2 days ago
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Adjust the contrast on your camera. The dirt looks white!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Looking good. My only suggestion (based on what helped me so take with a lot of grains of salt) is right before you loft your front wheel you preload the font end and then kind of pull up to start your wheelie. I did that for a long time and never could get it smooth. Then a trials riding buddy had me practive instead of preloading the front end, when you go to loft the front end transition your weight back and down (basically preloading the rear suspension) and then stay on the throttle until you feel the rear wheel crest the log. It feels odd at first. I really need to buy a trials bike to work on some of this stuff, but they are pricey and hard to come by in my neck of the woods.
Husky250

Post by Husky250 »

bufftester wrote: 04:35 pm Jan 11 2021 Looking good. My only suggestion (based on what helped me so take with a lot of grains of salt) is right before you loft your front wheel you preload the font end and then kind of pull up to start your wheelie. I did that for a long time and never could get it smooth. Then a trials riding buddy had me practive instead of preloading the front end, when you go to loft the front end transition your weight back and down (basically preloading the rear suspension) and then stay on the throttle until you feel the rear wheel crest the log. It feels odd at first. I really need to buy a trials bike to work on some of this stuff, but they are pricey and hard to come by in my neck of the woods.
Dude you rock. I've spent a day or 2 on a trials bike and I never thought of that. It may give a bit more rear preload and unweigh at the second blip.. Certainly gonna give that a shot!!! It's kinda like carrying the wheel through the whoops on a bicycle I'm thinking. As for trials bike don't be afraid to go old. I have an 07 scorpa that I have all but given to my son in law. I'm sorta looking for a late 80's early 90's air cooled Aprilia or beta for the trials days. I just like the style of that era. And if Jordie could do what he did back then on one it will certainly do figure 8's under my no talent ass!
Goat
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Goat »

The guy I bought KDX from is hard enduro/trials guy. This group seems to be bogarting all the trials bikes in WA. But have seen a few for sale on their Facebook. They are kinda spendy.
Puget Sound Trialers.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/335043632 ... =bookmarks
Goat
95 KDX200
22 KX250
Goatfish

Post by Goatfish »

This is awesome!
I tried this and went straight over the bars
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

Goatfish wrote: 07:15 pm Sep 20 2021 This is awesome!
I tried this and went straight over the bars
That’s one way to get over a log.