Hello to the KDX Brethren (hard enduro hopeful)

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
Husky250

Hello to the KDX Brethren (hard enduro hopeful)

Post by Husky250 »

Obviously new here but not new to the Kawasaki forums family (been on the ol' KLR650 forums for a few minutes). Well I'm a long time husky/beta/scorpa rider. I'm somewhat of an endurance athlete (Marathons, ultra MTB's, Ironman). With my trials and off road background the newish genre' of Hard enduro appeals to me greatly. With a few vintage huskys and a Scorpa I didnt really have a bike that was worthy of racing them, however. Well a few months ago I stumbled into a trade that ended me with an '02 KDX. She does OK but shes a bit heavy for a guy of my stature but I was making it work. I started doing some research and found that a C series may be built up to be a pretty capable weapon for the hard enduro world (air hammer, way lighter than my '02, lil lower seat height). Well 4 days ago I stumbled onto a STUPID deal on an '87 so I swiped it up. All of a sudden I find myself with 2 of these in the garage now and happy to meet all of you. Soooo, now I am modding both these up for hard enduro/enduro corss type riding. If any of you have an opinion I'd sure like to hear it. I'm really looking forward to learning about this machine form you guys.
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: Hello to the KDX Brethren (hard enduro hopeful)

Post by kdxsully »

Welcome to the forums! You should post some pictures later
I like turtles
rungrandpa
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by rungrandpa »

My son rode in the Coeur d' Alene Silver Valley Hard Enduro (which he said was brutal). He sent me a picture of a guy riding a KDX Type E in the Pro class.
rungrandpa
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by rungrandpa »

Type E - Looking at the picture the bike was pretty stock except for fork upgrade, RG3 Suspension sticker on it, Flexx handlebars and after market pipe and spark arrestor.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider. Congratulations on the KDXs! Good luck on the builds.

Pic posting instructions in my sig.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Husky250

Post by Husky250 »

Thanks for the hello's. Just got a news feed from "Two Stroke Tuesdays" that said DG still makes the aftermarket exhaust for that'87.. Sure gonna get that thing if its available. Need a Carb, coil and rear wheel bearings to start. Meantime I'm hammering the ol' '02.
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

Check the flywheel.
I like turtles
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome and congrats on the new bikes. Good luck with the mods and racing.
Husky250

Post by Husky250 »

what is the issue with the flywheel?
BlkDakDave

Post by BlkDakDave »

Welcome to KDX forum. I follow on a KLR forum - and a KLX on also. Haven't run any marothons since 81, but I do help out one of my buds who heads up local triathlons. As for setting you bike up, like with anything sport wise, it will come with time, experience and input from other competitors. Here's a little video I saw a while back about setting up a bike for extreme enduros. Might give you some insight on your buid.

NEVER FORGET!
Husky250

Post by Husky250 »

BlkDakDave wrote: 02:19 pm Sep 09 2019 Welcome to KDX forum. I follow on a KLR forum - and a KLX on also. Haven't run any marothons since 81, but I do help out one of my buds who heads up local triathlons. As for setting you bike up, like with anything sport wise, it will come with time, experience and input from other competitors. Here's a little video I saw a while back about setting up a bike for extreme enduros. Might give you some insight on your buid.

You Da MAN