looking for a kdx

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: looking for a kdx

Post by John_S »

It looks like it sold or he took it off the market and deleted the add. There is a site called bikefinds.com. I usually general google search “kdx200 for sale” and then click on bikefinds. It lists CL and eBay adds from all over the country. Same thing with “kdx220 for sale”.
Roostmaster1

Post by Roostmaster1 »

thanks for the help. i'm sure he took it off becuase he knows its stolen. he still had it last night as of about 9:00
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TwistedRoot »

KDXGarage wrote: 11:11 pm Jul 09 2019 Get the police to run a VIN before buying.
They refuse to do that in NY/NJ/CT. Im not sure why if all you want to know is if VIN reported stolen or not. I even know some LE that would not do it!
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

TwistedRoot wrote: 09:45 am Jul 10 2019
KDXGarage wrote: 11:11 pm Jul 09 2019 Get the police to run a VIN before buying.
They refuse to do that in NY/NJ/CT. Im not sure why if all you want to know is if VIN reported stolen or not. I even know some LE that would not do it!
How come? Not worth their time?
I like turtles
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

People get touchy about VINs. He might have been leery of giving it out because he had some suspicion.

I still have the ad up on an old tab. HA HA
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

KDXGarage wrote: 11:55 am Jul 10 2019 People get touchy about VINs. He might have been leery of giving it out because he had some suspicion.

Maybe if you give someone a vin for an untitled bike you can get scammed somehow
I like turtles
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Maybe! Different states have different laws on titling off-road bikes. In AL, the state does not title dirt bikes.
Roostmaster1

Post by Roostmaster1 »

oh well...the search continues...
Roostmaster1

Post by Roostmaster1 »

KDXGarage wrote: 11:55 am Jul 10 2019 People get touchy about VINs. He might have been leery of giving it out because he had some suspicion.

If you still have that up this morning and it’s functional would u mind giving me the location? I think I’m going to surprise that bikes rightful owner with something he thought would never happen...
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TwistedRoot »

kdxsully wrote: 11:13 am Jul 10 2019
I dont really know. I walked into my local PD and they would not even tell me if it was clear or not.
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

TwistedRoot wrote: 09:37 am Jul 11 2019
kdxsully wrote: 11:13 am Jul 10 2019

I dont really know. I walked into my local PD and they would not even tell me if it was clear or not.
That’s a bit absurd. Did you try a vin checking site? Did they even recommend one? I hope my local pd isn’t like that :roll:
I like turtles
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

OOPS! When I clicked on the contact info link, it went to the "this page has been deleted" screen, with no way back. The map said Possum Hollow Road.

Sorry!
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TwistedRoot »

I know a few guys that used VIN checking sites. It did not detect that VIN was reported stolen. I wouldn't trust any of those free sites.
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Free sites sometimes are just checking insurance claims.
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

TwistedRoot wrote: 12:33 pm Jul 11 2019 I know a few guys that used VIN checking sites. It did not detect that VIN was reported stolen. I wouldn't trust any of those free sites.
So they ended up buying stolen bikes? If the police aren’t helping, how do they find people’s bikes when they get stolen??

They usually don’t find them unless the thief gets it impounded or it’s handed to them on a silver platter

So you have to pay to get anything reliable about the vin??
I like turtles
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Roostmaster1 wrote: 10:27 pm Jul 08 2019 Thanks for all the help guys. Lots of great ideas here. Btw i’m In Eastern NC. I have found bikes all over craigslist just not the one I’m looking for. It can be a beater. I have no qualms with restoration. Btw, I’m checking that one link now, Thanks again for all the tips!
You should look on Facebook Marketplace at the one I mentioned in a another thread. It is in TN (Kingston)
buck707

Post by buck707 »

Roostmaster1

Post by Roostmaster1 »

Ah so he switched sites, still trying to unload it? That’s great. Kingston, TN on possum hollow rd.? Awesome info. You know when I was in high school and racing, my brother was helping a friend put up fence. They were running fence down by the creek and he noticed handlebars sticking up out of the water. He and his friend went over to investigate and he recognized that they were motorcycle handlebars. They dragged out a 3 year old YZ250. He called me and my riding buddy and we instantly realized that this was someone’s race bike. It was pretty setup and even had an after market pipe and silencer. Someone had spent some money on it. We took it to the police station and sure enough it was stolen. When they contacted the owners they informed the cops that they had also had a kx80 stolen. The owners went back to the creek bridge where the Yz was found and poked around in the water until they found their kx80. They had both been stolen 2 nights before. I was told both bikes and a four wheeler were stolen. I don’t know if they recovered the atv or not, it several months later, I found out that I actually knew the guys the stole the bikes. When they bikes ran out of gas, they put straight gas in the, until they just stopped running. Both bikes had to have full rebuilds. They guy that was the leader of the pack that sole the bikes has been in and out of jail on drug charges for the past 25 years and recently died about a year ago. He hung himself. America has a real issue with drugs. Seems like everyone I know is on something. I fully support the war on drugs. I know lots of people who have ended up the same way or will soon. Theivery is a side effect that has come about to support all these habits.
Roostmaster1

Post by Roostmaster1 »

Oh you were referring to another one that is for sale? Sorry I misread. Yeah he probably dumped this one in a creek already!
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

That one in Tennessee looks so nice!