TWO vs FOUR Bearing Swingarm Kit Questions - And Extra Washers in Linkage Kit

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
RC_ichard

TWO vs FOUR Bearing Swingarm Kit Questions - And Extra Washers in Linkage Kit

Post by RC_ichard »

Hey guys!

So over the winter i got all new bearings, seals, shafts etc...and over the course of a garage remodel ive LOST THE FREEKIN SWINGARM KIT! :toimonster: However it could have been worse if it was the linkage kit thats almost 2x as much as the swingarm kit

Anyways, 2-part question... Ive noticed some swingarm kits only come with TWO larger needle bearings for the swingarm kits (one for each side, but still with the stock 4x seals and 2x shafts) and other sets come with FOUR needle bearings like what the stock OEM setup is shipped like.
For reference see the two kits below:
2-Bearing pivot works kit #PWSAK-K11-020
4-Bearing All Balls Kit #28-1064

Has anyone had any experience with the 2-bearing kits? I tend to go back to stock in cases like these, but noticed a few other kits doing the same thing so wonder if thats a 'upgrade' of sorts using the single bearing in each side.

The other part of the question is for the Linkage Bearing Kit.... which came with 4x washers that i have no clue what they are for. I checked over the OEM parse diagram and dont see any washers in there, yet most of the kits come with the 4x washers for the linkage rebuild kits
For Reference see the below All Balls Kit
All Balls Swingarm Linkage Kit #27-1036
Kit Contents In question: Washer x4

I think they are just extra that are used maybe on other models that my 2002 KDX200-H8 is not used... but figured i would pop the question and see if anyone else came across this.

THanks!!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: TWO vs FOUR Bearing Swingarm Kit Questions - And Extra Washers in Linkage Kit

Post by KDXGarage »

What happened to all the answers??
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
RC_ichard

Re: TWO vs FOUR Bearing Swingarm Kit Questions - And Extra Washers in Linkage Kit

Post by RC_ichard »

Yeah, weird all the responses got wiped... but overall the general response was it should not make a huge difference in the long run.

I just went with a moose kit that came with the 4x bearings and just pushed the two in each side like stock and didn’t look back!

Got my last few parts back from the powder coat shop this afternoon and will be working on final assembly this week! Thx for all the help guys
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

The site had a hiccup and was restored from a prior backup. Some of the replies got lost. :sad:

It may have been bufftester that said the washers were for 1995?? - 1997 KX125 and KX250. Also, the KDX did not use them.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

I use the single bearing kits all the time. Much better in my opinion. The washers are for the KX only.
'00 KDX 220R