Not new to riding but been on hiatus

Welcome to KDXRider.net! Please take a moment to introduce yourself, and meet the group.
zombie911

Not new to riding but been on hiatus

Post by zombie911 »

Hello all, big newb here, after 40 years of riding hard , several dozen broken bones and a flat line my wife asked me give it up when our son was born in 2008. I did ...I have always kept the passion and after my son turned 8 he told me he wanted a bike. I told him then buy one. He saved for 2 years everything he made or got , in January we found him a kx60 for $450..he had $455. got her home and stripped it down and rebuilt. During that process my wife came out and said she was sorry. I said..for what... she replied for asking you to sell your bikes , I see how happy you are , go get yourself one...YES!!!!!!!!! , While I think I got a bum deal I found a 99 kdx 220 , it ran and supposedly had the bottom end redone. Cant verity that as the rest is showing its age, but I will rebuild her for half the cost of the newer KTM I was looking at. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me although seems like anything I want to do to her is well documented here.

Terra firma

zombie
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Not new to riding but been on hiatus

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome back to riding! Congratulations on the KDX, but mostly on sharing your hobby with your son. He sounds like a hard worker.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Welcome back to the fold and to the forums. I started as a kid on a QA50 following my dad around the woods, then my kids all started on a DR50. Now I chase them around the woods (but somehow my dad still is faster than us even in his late 70s lol) Good on you for sharing the passion, and the important lesson with your son....fun comes after hard work.
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by treelimb »

Welcome here and back to dirt bikes. I am quite positive that you'll find all the answers here that you may have regarding the KDX here as I know i did,even while lurking for the last 11 or 12 years. best of luck on the rebuild and bringing your son into the great world of dirt bikes as it is an excellent relationship builder and memory maker. I recall my pre-teen and teenage years and my dad carrying me to all those races plus I still own and drive on occasion the 1965 Ford f100 that it all happened in which makes those memories worth that much more-
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TwistedRoot »

Welcome to the best site for KDX info on the webs. Everything you need to know is here. Good luck with your rebuild and congrats on getting back into riding. Theres nothing like it. Post up some pics of your 220 when you can. Also good on the wife :bravo: for understanding the need to BRAAAPPP!
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220
zombie911

Post by zombie911 »

Thanks for the welcome, what a plethora of information on here... This is going to be fun!!!!
rofti

Post by rofti »

Your story is inspiring. Unfortunately, my wife is particularly negative about motorcycles (even though the KDX is totally off road). Ironically, I go down hill on my mountain bike at speeds that I will never attain on a motorcycle.