Discussion for bikes other than the KDX
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bitten by the Orange Bike Bug

Post by Tyl3r »

I couldn't help myself...

2018 500EXC-F with some Warp 9's and Q3's

Probably will be mainly for road use for now. Only got a 10 minute ride home in the rain so far, but wow... this thing is beast lol. Now I'm contemplating what to do with the dual sport. Hate to part with it after putting so much time and money into it to get it running great and finding all the purple stuff... but I don't need 3 bikes. I am wayy too attached to the Hybrid to let that go anytime soon! Still thinking :hmm:

Just wanted to share!
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Bitten by the Orange Bike Bug

Post by KDXGarage »

:bravo:

That looks very nice. Congratulations!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Thank you!
John_S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by John_S »

That's really nice! I see you got your chair and Pepsi all set up so you can stare at it lol. Love it!
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bitten by the Orange Bike Bug

Post by pumpguy »

At least the stand is green.
rungrandpa
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by rungrandpa »

I rode my kids KTM 530 EXC yesterday. I took it up a couple of hills. Beast is the right word. He has the supermoto conversion too, but not for yesterday's ride. I did appreciate the way my KDX 200 handled in a rocky desert canyon wash after we changed back.
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

you have to have a staring chair! haha the beer must have been in the other cupholder

I have yet to take mine in the woods, yet alone ride it with the dirt wheels/tires... I doubt I will much. I do enjoy the nice handling of my KDX in the woods as well, I feel its set up perfect for the woods and this one is perfect for the road, why confuse them? lol

A buddy bought the other leftover 500 that they had at the dealer a couple weeks before me. This week, we pulled his airbox reeds, swapped the muffler for the one off of his 450SX, pulled the smog stuff off, and put on a power commander... wow. It is like crotch rocket fast now. I thought I was more than happy with the power I had until I rode that... I guess I know what I need to do over the winter now!
crash

Post by crash »

i've got some orange in the garage too, got a 17 Adventure 1090R. i pretty much only ride single track and its a handful in the tight stuff but i gotta admit its pretty dam good especially given its size.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Nice bikes guys. Once money permits,I'd like to get a 500 exc for some dual sport rides. I had a big red pig xr650l that was fairly well farkled for dual sporting. You know the story, sell it cuz getting old,kids college and cars, friend gets hurt riding,need the money etc. Don't make my mistakes. When you have multiple bikes,keep multiple bikes. Wives get used to that. Building up a stable from scratch as you get older gets considerably more difficult. Even if you routinely lie about what you paid for a bike to your wife
Parney

Post by Parney »

I have 450 exc over here we don’t have any smog immision things fitted I rode the 500exc and the 450exc the 450 in my view is the better seems to spin up quicker but the power switch on bars reduces the power for different terrain make no mistake kdx is less tiresome and does not try to throw you off
Attachments
Beast
Beast
0DD166EA-CD8A-4A60-AC82-330D102D5803.jpeg (123.27 KiB) Viewed 6403 times