HIGHLAND PARK- CEDARTOWN,GA.

Reviews of riding areas...
treelimb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by treelimb »

Over 50(could be close to 60 now) miles of ONE WAY trails;BRAND NEW MX TRACK set up as old style GP; the trails are rated via the Diamond Method(like snow skiing) w/5 diamond being the most difficult down to 1 diamond, all accessible via "an outer loop " which by itself is formidable and long; $20.00 per day/per rider(YES YOU DO GET YOUIR MONEY'S WORTH IF YOU RIDE); also on site is KTM WORLD,a huge KTM dealership w/a large selection of tires,oils,lubes,gear,etc.for all bikes;PLENTY of easily accessible parking for even the largest of motorhomes pulling trailers;camping w/bathhouse,cabins for rent,tent camping,portatoilets galore;beautiful North Georgia mountain scenery since Highland Park is basically on a mountain;atv's welcome w/multiple diamond trails;and all that good stuff; FAMILY FRIENDLY w/kid's pee-wee track;courteous/professional staff; basically ride till you drop type set-up w/enough of every type trail imaginable for even the best rider on KDX RIDERS.NET.
TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT! 770-748-0771
billys04kdx200

Post by billys04kdx200 »

Myself and some other riders are planning a trip here April 25th , 26th and 27th. Anyone wanting to join us are welcome.
clancehill

Post by clancehill »

I really enjoyed cedartown, first time i ever rode on an mx track. Trails are great. Huge variety of trails... be aware their diamond ratings are a little off.. I went on a so called 3 diamond and was harder than any of their 5 diamonds. Overall I like Lorettas the best then Cedartown
roostinator
kdxmaniac
Supporting Member

Post by kdxmaniac »

KTM WORLD??? oh man, i need plan to ride there!
my bikes
-------------
96 ktm 300
96 XR400R
07 hayabusa
77 kz 1000
85 goldwing 1200
02 BIG DOG PITBULL

gone but not forgotten
96 kdx 200
98 ktm 380 "because it dang near killed me!"
97 ktm 360
96 ktm 250
93 wr 250
94 dr 350s
93 kx 250
07 gsxr 1000
99 bandit 1200
DirtBikeDad
Supporting Member

Post by DirtBikeDad »

Highland Park ROCKS!!!!
DirtBikeDad
Jeremiah 29:11-13
"That's not flying, it's falling............with Style"
'99 Honda CR250R (Keith)
'99 Honda CR250R (Wilson 15)
'00 Yamaha YFM350 Warrior (Travis 13)
'90 Kawasaki 220 Bayou (Farm Toy)
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

It is a fun place to ride, especially if you like hills.
kdxmaniac
Supporting Member

Post by kdxmaniac »

HILLS???!!!!!!!.....KTM WORLD???!!!!!..........im in! :supz:.....when we going? :grin:
my bikes
-------------
96 ktm 300
96 XR400R
07 hayabusa
77 kz 1000
85 goldwing 1200
02 BIG DOG PITBULL

gone but not forgotten
96 kdx 200
98 ktm 380 "because it dang near killed me!"
97 ktm 360
96 ktm 250
93 wr 250
94 dr 350s
93 kx 250
07 gsxr 1000
99 bandit 1200
Bouillion

End of February

Post by Bouillion »

We have a small group from South Louisiana considering going up to Highland Park the last weekend of February. Anyone know whats the typically weather like there that time of the year? Hoping to drive up on the Friday get two days of riding in then head back the following Monday.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

It is tough to say what the weather might be like. It was near 70 over the weekend, but in prior years we've had snow in February.

I was there once when it was muddy and it wasn't much fun. Couldn't really attempt many of the hills and everything else was just slippery.

Unless you really enjoy riding in the mud, my advice would be to postpone the trip if that area got a lot of recent rain.
Bouillion

Thanks

Post by Bouillion »

>|<>QBB<
Tedh98 wrote:It is tough to say what the weather might be like. It was near 70 over the weekend, but in prior years we've had snow in February.

I was there once when it was muddy and it wasn't much fun. Couldn't really attempt many of the hills and everything else was just slippery.

Unless you really enjoy riding in the mud, my advice would be to postpone the trip if that area got a lot of recent rain.
Thanks for the info. Snow would be interesting but I would prefer to avoid the mud. I'll have to start watching extended forecast for the area.
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

Finally making my 1st trip to HP this Friday. We will be camping and riding Saturday as well! :supz: :supz:
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Cha Ching wrote:Finally making my 1st trip to HP this Friday. We will be camping and riding Saturday as well! :supz: :supz:
How did you like it?
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

I loved every bit of it! We rode every trail there and all the mx tracks. My bikes suspension wasnt happy with me, but for my 1st time on a MX track, i was airing it out! :supz: :lol:

The 5 diamonds trails were awesome as well. 10, 13, and 17 were a few of my favs!

I will be back out there this Saturday . Gonna ride some trails and ride some 2013 KTM's , its the 1st demo day of '13 at Highland Park! :grin:
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Cha Ching wrote:I loved every bit of it! We rode every trail there and all the mx tracks. My bikes suspension wasnt happy with me, but for my 1st time on a MX track, i was airing it out! :supz: :lol:

The 5 diamonds trails were awesome as well. 10, 13, and 17 were a few of my favs!

I will be back out there this Saturday . Gonna ride some trails and ride some 2013 KTM's , its the 1st demo day of '13 at Highland Park! :grin:
Good to hear. Yeah, some of those trails will really test your suspension.

I'm planning on going there Tuesday. I'd like to go back to Moto Mountain, but I don't want to deal with traffic during the week.
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

Poison ivy is pretty bad at MM right now, no maintenance :roll:

If i somehow luck into a day off Tuesday, i will come out too. I haven't rode in over 2 weeks! :wah:
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Cha Ching wrote:Poison ivy is pretty bad at MM right now, no maintenance :roll:

If i somehow luck into a day off Tuesday, i will come out too. I haven't rode in over 2 weeks! :wah:

Wow, I never would have thought about poison ivy.

My plans fell through for going tomorrow, I'm going to try for later in the week or over the weekend as long as they don't get too much rain.

You are lucky at just 2 weeks, I'm approaching 2 months.
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

I am working tomorrow but will be there this Saturday. Not sure if we are going to demo any "orange", may just ride our own bikes all day. The demo ride is going to be quite crowded, but the owner says they keep it moving pretty well.

I will be in a silver Dodge Ram with my KDX and a CR 250. Let's ride some :supz: :pop:
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

Tedh98 wrote:
Cha Ching wrote:Poison ivy is pretty bad at MM right now, no maintenance :roll:

Wow, I never would have thought about poison ivy.

My plans fell through for going tomorrow, I'm going to try for later in the week or over the weekend as long as they don't get too much rain.

You are lucky at just 2 weeks, I'm approaching 2 months.

What?? :shock: What is this "rain" you speak of? At this point, HP needs rain!! :please:
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

As it stands now, 50% each day. I'm sure it is just the usual pop up stuff.

I made the mistake once of going there after they had more rain then I realized. The inner and out loops were complete, sloppy mud. And all the hills were as slippery as greased owl poop. Wasn't much fun.
johnboy76

Post by johnboy76 »

may be going to highland park this sunday, feb 2, 2013. has anyone been there lately? got alot of rain today here in southeast tn, maybe more on saturday, its a toss up between moto mtn or highland park, have not been to either. dont wanna wait till march till prentice cooper and houston valley open back up. any info would be helpful. just ready to ride.... :grin:
if your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough.... Roger Alan Wade