Injuries

Causes and cures...
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Injuries

Post by jjavaman »

Well kids, got the rb carb and head mod done,put in a wiesco,did the fork shim mod, and went riding. The carb and head mods are unbelievable and the forks feel like they absorb anything, very happy on the first ride! Went riding again on Tuesday, beautiful day, bike was working unreal,heading up our favourite logging road and starting coming across big deep(3-4 feet) washouts. Made it about half way up and came across a 30ft wide washout,stop have lunch and then start to head back. Coming up to a 10ft wide puddle that we rode by on the way up, so I decide to wheels across it on the way back, wheelie went well, forgot about the washout and hit it at speed.
Hit so hard , broke my throttle thumb in 2 places, blew both fork seals, threw me over the bars for about 30 feet, then I landed and the bike landed on my right hip breaking my pelvis on the right side as well as fracturing my lower left back in a couple spots. I'm a little sore.
They say 6-8 weeks before I'm back on my feet, I get to use a walker now. Guess we will see how fast 56 year old bones take to heal.
Take it easy out there, my seasons almost over and it never really got started :sad:
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Injuries

Post by KDXGarage »

HOLY SH##!

Sorry to hear that!! I hope you continue to get well and then fully recover! :please:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
osobad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Injuries

Post by osobad »

when you say broke your pelvis didit break apiece off or crack it. My right side has a piece broke off from motorcycle accident . It can not be fixed so the muscle in my side are not attached to bone any more. takes along time to heal. bicycle is your friend. Has helped me heal a lot faster then expected
Gotanubike
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Injuries

Post by Gotanubike »

Man those washouts can be lethal..one at the track that's always hard to avoid they seem to just suck you in...

Good luck in the recovery
1990 KDX200
Bike Profile -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 61#p136315
Suspension Overhaul(Shock+89-92 conventional forks) -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15&t=15255
96'-98' RM125 Showa 49mm fork swap -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 04&t=16994
KDXrider world map! -> https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=186158
doctord23
Supporting Member

Post by doctord23 »

Sorry to hear about your injury.
My wife is constantly reminding me of my age when I talk riding.
I have calmed it down a bit, but can't see ever hanging it up.
Hope you are back on the horse soon.
My Team Green:
2002 KX-KDX 220
2000 KDX 220
2003 KLX 300 DS
1988 White KDX 200C3
1984 KX500 (original owner)
1996 Honda Magna V4
2017 Honda Africa Twin DCT
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

"Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body"
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 002404.htm
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Injuries

Post by canamfan »

Sorry to hear about your injuries, sounds like you've got a long road ahead to heal. I am also 56 don't seem to heal as quick anymore. Get well soon.
Confederate

Injuries

Post by Confederate »

Glad my wife doesn't visit this forum. She doesn't need to hear such. By the way there is a recipe on the side of your pain meds. If you drink alcohol with them they work better.
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Injuries

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

Damn man sorry to hear that!
Hope you heal well.
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

getting an adequate supply of vitamin C from food sources makes a huge difference. Please read this article:

DR ANDREW SAUL
Over 75 years of medical research and clinical practice reveals, overwhelmingly, that vitamin C has the power to ignite the 'self-healing response'. I know what you're thinking - if vitamin C is so good for us - why haven't you been told about this curative nutrient? Well, the answer will soon become painfully obvious.

Medical students receive little nutritional training - only 2 hours in 4 years! Vitamin C therapy for a host of chronic diseases has been systematically ignored by conventional medicine for decades.

Dr. Fredrick R. Klenner Discovers The Real Power Of Vitamin C And How To Cure Disease
Believe it or not, in the 1940's, Dr. Klenner used vitamin C to cure 60 out of 60 cases of polio and that was back in the days when the polio vaccine didn't even exist. Dr. Klenner even presented his findings - at a large medical conference about his success with high dose vitamin C therapy and it was largely ignored.

Instead, big pharma has a stranglehold 'death grip' over the I.Q. of most doctors - brainwashing them into believing that toxic antibiotics that destroy intestinal flora (and the immune system) is a 'wiser' choice.

These are the medical facts. Dr. Klenner cured pneumonia, encephalitis, herpes zoster (shingles), herpes simplex, mononucleosis, pancreatitis, hepatitis, rocky mountain spotted fever, bladder infections, alcoholism, arthritis, some cancers, leukemia, atherosclerosis, ruptured intervertebral disc, high cholesterol, corneal ulcers, diabetes, glaucoma, radiation burns - the list goes on and on.

He published dozens of papers - just 'google' Dr. Klenner and you'll be amazed at what you find.

What Do Experts Have To Say About The Healing Power Of Vitamin C?

"Some physicians would stand by and see their patient die rather than use ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) because in their finite minds it exists only as a vitamin."
- Dr. Fredrick Klenner

"Vitamin C is the world's best natural antibiotic, antiviral, antitoxin and antihistamine. Let the greats be given their due. The importance of vitamin C cannot be overemphasized."
- Andrew Saul, Ph.D.

"Man's body was designed to function best with high blood and cellular levels of vitamin C "
- Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD, board-certified cardiologist

"I always look upon high dose vitamin C as nature's way of dealing with crisis in terms of your health. This notion however does not exist in the conventional thinking of the medical mind."
- Ronald Hunninghake, M.D. - personally supervised over 60,000 intravenous (IV) vitamin C sessions

"More and more physicians are getting convinced about the value of large doses of Vitamin C."
- Linus Pauling, 2-time Nobel Prize winner

If you're still not convinced at the safety and effectiveness of vitamin C therapy - I encourage you to look up the work of the Riordan Clinic plus many other experts in vitamin C like, Drs. Irwin Stone, Abram Hoffer, Robert Cathcart plus many others - listed above.

Source: http://www.naturalnews.com
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sullyfam »

Ugh that is painful to jus read, let alone experience. Here's wishing to a trouble free and speedy recovery! [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

Jaguar wrote:getting an adequate supply of vitamin C from food sources makes a huge difference. Please read this article:

If you're still not convinced at the safety and effectiveness of vitamin C therapy - I encourage you to look up the work of the Riordan Clinic plus many other experts in vitamin C like, Drs. Irwin Stone, Abram Hoffer, Robert Cathcart plus many others - listed above.

Source: http://www.naturalnews.com
Intersting.
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by jjavaman »

Hi Guys! I went for my 1st ride last week! I was off the bike for 7 months and 2 days, and boy did it feel good to go for a little (25 km) ride. I hope to never repeat that experience. Thanks to everyone who replied.
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod
GreenF350

Post by GreenF350 »

Dang, I’m pretty new to the forum, and just read about your crash but glad to hear your healed and back riding. Keep it rubber side down and have fun!
-Aaron