KDX 250 SR JDM

Discussion specific to KDX models not sold in the USA
Broady Auto

KDX 250 SR JDM

Post by Broady Auto »

I Have just tidied up a KDX250SR JDM - 1992 - Was doing a test , running is after new rings
Carby Cleaned
NEw Spark Plug
Bike was advertised and had someone coming to pick it up that night

My question is bike was running well for about 20 minutes , then stalled - would idle sometimes but would rev - felt like carby or possibly spark plug
rechecked and cleaned jet s - fitted another new spark plug
Could not resolve - took it back home

Went thru carby at home - tried another coil , then found it had a blown headlight globe - all lights were working prior fitted globe and started to rev again Strange , then started to fault agan , akso then found if I use horn button would then rev ?? I checked all earths and and cleaned with emery as frame had been painted - no difference - rechecked all connections

Can any one explain why having more electrical load would help it rev - it it a regulator problem

I had the bike advertised , the purchaser still wanted the bike for amount we agreed , I wasn't comfortable so took some money off the purchase - they were still happy - I would have prefered to a leats know what was wrong with it before selling but they were keen
I am a Automotive Mechanic so have an understanding - With more Time I would have got a voltmeter and a oscilloscope to try and work out what the problem was

Has anyone any ideas what can cause this ??
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: KDX 250 SR JDM

Post by KDXGarage »

I would check the stator wiring and coil and spark plug cap wire.

Someone recently mentioned an issue that was resolved by unscrewing the wire that goes to the spark plug cap, cutting it and re-doing it. It was an intermittent problem.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128