KDX250 Wiring

Discussion specific to KDX models not sold in the USA
krischy

KDX250 Wiring

Post by krischy »

I need help guys trying to connect the wires of the new Ignition Coil. The brown and the green cable come from the “CDI” and on the brown i have a voltage when i kick the lever. The tiny black cable comes from the killbutton and im sure it has to be on ground. But how exactly i have to wire this thing. It is obviuosly modified and i rode it a few times then all of sudden it stopped. I thought it’s the ignition coil cuz it was not original so now i bought a brand new OEM. Any help will be appriciated cuz im stuck for two days so far and cant figure it out.

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: KDX250 Wiring

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. Like most forums on the internet, please don't post the same questions in multiple subforums. Also, I changed your "country" to Bulgaria, since you put "Europe".

Try to contact forum member Jaguar, as he is more familiar with the CDI. He used to make a CDI for a certain KDX.

Good luck.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
krischy

Post by krischy »

I tried to contact him already. Sorry for this but im just too desperate. Researched all topics here for any info but i guess i have a unique issue so i made a new one hoping someone can help.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

No problem.

I edited your post so the pictures would show up properly. I copied the URL of each photo and put them in.
krischy

Post by krischy »

Thanks bro! I was having a hard time posting on my phone.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

You are welcome. It seems like those places make it hard on purpose to link to the pictures.
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

KDXGarage wrote: 02:02 pm Jun 06 2020 You are welcome. It seems like those places make it hard on purpose to link to the pictures.
I remember for photobucket you have to use the “direct link”
I like turtles
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

Make sure all the connections are without rust or paint and solder together all wires that are twisted together.
If there's no spark with the new coil then probably the problem is with the CDI. Look at the CDI circuit board underside to make sure no current path is rusted through. Try different white potentiometer settings (shaft positions). If still no spark then replace the SCR transistor and large 1uf capacitor.
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
krischy

Post by krischy »

After a close inspection turned out this black element is unsoldered. Hope that will fix the problem