New tyre and chain issue kdx 200 sr

Discussion specific to KDX models not sold in the USA
KDXASH

New tyre and chain issue kdx 200 sr

Post by KDXASH »

Hi all I've got an issue I've replaced my rear tyre to a metzler mc360 110/90-19 also fitted a 47t rear sproket now my problem is a 110 link chain is too short with the wheel fully pushed forward with no adjustment and the edge of the tyre is around 10mm away from hitting the swingarm :hmm: anybody had the same issue?? I'm guessing I'll just need a longer chain so that the wheel will come back enough to give me the correct tyre / swingarm clearance ??
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: New tyre and chain issue kdx 200 sr

Post by kdxsully »

KDXASH wrote: 06:55 am Jul 07 2019 Hi all I've got an issue I've replaced my rear tyre to a metzler mc360 110/90-19 also fitted a 47t rear sproket now my problem is a 110 link chain is too short with the wheel fully pushed forward with no adjustment and the edge of the tyre is around 10mm away from hitting the swingarm :hmm: anybody had the same issue?? I'm guessing I'll just need a longer chain so that the wheel will come back enough to give me the correct tyre / swingarm clearance ??

Hitting the side or the forward part of the swing arm? I don’t have much space at all in mine either. My chain adjusters are on one.right now, and I expect it to stretch a bit after I ride. Mike are brand new also.
I like turtles
KDXASH

Post by KDXASH »

Theres a 10mm gap between the tyre and where the swingarm tapers to the front if that makes sense when you add mud to the situation the wheel could possibly lock up I'm guessing
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Post by kdxsully »

KDXASH wrote: 07:48 am Jul 07 2019 Theres a 10mm gap between the tyre and where the swingarm tapers to the front if that makes sense when you add mud to the situation the wheel could possibly lock up I'm guessing
I don’t have a lot of space either. Just scrape it out. Here in NC our mud is clay, and I’ve never had a lockup. Just scrape some out with a stick and keep on braapin.
I like turtles
KDXASH

Post by KDXASH »

😁👍
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

smaller sprocket or longer chain?

Moving the wheel rearward may give some more gap on the sides.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXASH

Post by KDXASH »

I've now fitted a 47t rear sproket with a longer chain and all is now good with plenty of space between the tyre and the front of the swingarm 👍