jetting 220r

Got questions? We got answers....
jordan_wolfgang_

jetting 220r

Post by jordan_wolfgang_ »

Hey guys i have a 2003 kdx220 and i am running 93 octane non ethanol gas and i am running it 50:1 motor-ex oil and i have a br8eix and i have a 145 main jet and i am at 1,703 ft above sea level and i am fouling plugs i have a 143 and 140 jets i got i just wanted to see if anyone has any advice please help

2003 Kawasaki kdx220r 2006 Honda crf50f
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: jetting 220r

Post by bufftester »

A 145MJ seems a bit small to be having fouling issues unless there's something else going on, generally most folks are in the 150-160 range on a properly jetted bike. The first step is to make sure everything is mechanically sound. Have you checked compression/leakdown? Made sure you have a clean filter, fresh plug and fuel, no issues with intake or exhaust tracts (air leaks, etc). Once you do all that then it's time to go through the jetting guide. Every bike is different, even 2 identical KDXs ridden side by side can end up with slightly different jetting which is why it's best to jet your bike and not just use what someone else is. What is your air screw set to? What pilot jet, needle, clip position? On the PWKs you always set your idle circuit first, until that is good the rest is up in the air. There's a link in my signature block to the jetting guide.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome.

Make sure everything is working properly, then go through the jetting guide bufftester mentioned. Start at the bottom and work up.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
jordan_wolfgang_

Post by jordan_wolfgang_ »

how do i do a leakdown test
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo: