Clutch won’t disengage

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Clappedkdx

Clutch won’t disengage

Post by Clappedkdx »

I just recently swapped out my clutch and break levers for a set i bought off eBay. Prior to this the bike would roll freely when the clutch was pulled in and the bike was in gear while cold, but after the switch it seems like the clutch won’t disengage. What could cause this?
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Clutch won’t disengage

Post by Molly's 70 »

What brand of clutch disks did you replace them with? If they weren't OEM, that may be the issue.
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Did you only replace the levers? If so it's probably an issue with the pivot points being different between the new levers and OEM. Adjust your clutch lever to spec and you should be fine.
Clappedkdx

Post by Clappedkdx »

Yes only the levers were replaced. I had bought some cheap ones off eBay and at first the clutch lever didn’t fit. I sanded it down and pull the clutch in the move the bike and the clutch wouldn’t disengage. Keep in mind it worked before and now won’t even work with the original lever
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Check to make sure your clutch cable is fully seated on the end that is on the engine case.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R