How much difference is a new kiehen pwk35 carb?

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Ewbarger

How much difference is a new kiehen pwk35 carb?

Post by Ewbarger »

Well, a lot! I bought a 2000 kdx200 back in Aug of 22. Had a lot of small things to fix and messed with oem carb alot. Got it running pretty good but was still rich with lean jets, and yes I did the jet block gasket. Finally bought a new kiehen pwk35mm airstricker. Wow what a difference it made. Bike runs like a new bike. The first thing I noticed was when adjusting the air screw, it actually showed changes. Easy as he'll to tune!
This bike has been a work in progress since I bought it. Just getting it safe and the way I want it. Next on list is to send rear shock out to have rebuilt and tuned for my style. Also have xr400r forks to go on and new warp 9 front wheel(xr400r). After that, just need to replace the side plastics with new. I'm use to big heavy xr pigs, so the kdx is very light to me and power is perfect for me. Don't get me wrong, I still have a xr400r. I believe the kdx and xr to be the best off road/trail bikes ever made!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: How much difference is a new kiehen pwk35 carb?

Post by KDXGarage »

I think it is tough to figure out how off some components are since we do not get a comparison between current and new. You will be happy with fresh oil change in the shock. I used to do rebuilds for a few folks on here back in 2005. People would always be impressed with how much better it worked.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128