Brand new KDX in crate - 0 miles

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Brand new KDX in crate - 0 miles

Post by Slick_Nick »

This video is old, but it’s a good one. I wasn’t sure if it was shared widely on here, but figured it would be good to repost so we could all drool over it. I’m sure some people haven’t seen it yet.

I noticed a couple of interesting things about this factory fresh example, namely that the rear shock looks anodized. Was this a 2006 only thing that KYB started doing? Or was it present on other years as well? I know it was common practice on a lot of KYB shocks, but I’ve only ever seen KDX’s with bare silver shock bodies, so that one was new to me.

'00 KDX 220R
DonnyV
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Brand new KDX in crate - 0 miles

Post by DonnyV »

Absolutely beautiful, I think the seat cover was changed, someone correct me if I'm wrong and I got a title with my bike from the original previous owner, the title does say "for off-road use only" on it. What a good looking bike though, they would sell quite a few if they brought them back.
03 220 w/fmf rev, RB head mod
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

stock shock
stock seat cover
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

Super cool. Pretty amazing that bikes in crates are still out there from 15+ years ago just waiting to be enjoyed. I am not a Honda guy, but saw someone who found an 07 Honda CR250 still in the original crate with all the plastic covering still on it. I guess it is right place right time type of situation.
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200