Kips sub shaft o-ring

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Pwgator7

Kips sub shaft o-ring

Post by Pwgator7 »

Does anyone know if there is an alternative for the o-ring 43049-1076 it's no longer sold and mine is toast. It's causing an air leak on the right side. 1995 kdx 200.
Kawibunga
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Re: Kips sub shaft o-ring

Post by Kawibunga »

Some info here from past posts, but it's basically an oddball wide seal/packing kind of like and XRing but stretched. like 2 orings stacked together. I had used an off the shelf oring in mine, but haven't tested it yet so I might be in the same boat! Think it's a 2.5(C/S) x 5.5 (ID) oring that works........... (hopefully finally fire it up this week)

I will have to take some detailed measurements at some point I guess and look at what it would cost to get some made. Might be possible, have had lots of customs seals turned in the past (downhole tools R&D Oil and Gas industry background) but nothing quite this small. Normally these are moulded but that puts costs way too high. Guys have had readily available orings work, but they are sloppy in the groove width. But ya never know, they might work great, somebody can chime up with their experiences!

viewtopic.php?t=21156

viewtopic.php?t=22950
Go Riders!