2005 KDX 220 ... offer accepted. ( hope this isn't a repeat )

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
NoBs

Re: 2005 KDX 220 ... offer accepted. ( hope this isn't a repeat )

Post by NoBs »

As I was wrapping up details today I got a bit more info regarding parts recently replaced.. If true, like CNN used to say a few years ago, the bike has had 3 owners before me, sat from 2016 until 2 years ago, and has 23 hours on it. The hour meter does work but who knows how easy it is to disconnect it ? The cylinder was recoated by powerseal in Phoenixville Pa.. At that time the top and bottom was done ( piston, bearings, clutch and basket, Vforce reeds etc.. ) Not mentioned and I forgot to ask was if the trans had any work done on it. The KX125 inverted forks may or may not be more subject to damage. There are fork protectors on for whatever good they might do.. I know a lot of folks seem to have that as being desirable add on. For the riding I'll be doing the stock folks probably would have worked just fine.. Went to a friend of mine who owns a local dealership selling Honda, Suzukis and used bikes had a high regard for the KDX's in general. He's a younger guy ( close to mid 50's ) races a bit in hare scrambles and Enduros.. Nice guy, R&D powersports in Palmerton, Pa.