Using direct injection oil as premix

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
cheapo

Using direct injection oil as premix

Post by cheapo »

General question related to 2 stroke oil. So I have 2 gallons of unopened XPS E-tec 2T, fully synthetic oil which I used in my 2001 Sea-Doo jetski, which had direct injection oil- so a separate tank for the 2-stroke oil. The jetski was scrapped due to mechanical failure and now I have the left over unopened oil. What are the thoughts of using this oil as premix in my 2000 KDX 200? I’ve heard/read the following two (2) theories after searching online:

1. No problem, use it. 2 stroke oil is 2 stroke oil
2. Direct injection (DI) oil can be used as premix, but not the other way around. The DI is often a little thinner.

Either way, sounds ok to use it, but don’t want to risk engine failure in order to save $60 on a gallon of new premix. However if ok, may as well use it. Interesting enough, the normal Klotz I use (TC-W2) is noted to be used as premix or DI. So it goes to the theory of “ok to use DI oil as premix”. Thoughts from the KDX community?

Thank you in advance!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Using direct injection oil as premix

Post by bufftester »

Run it. Its just 2T oil made by Lube-tech and branded for BRP. Perfectly fine to run as premix. Modern 2T oils can be used in either application DI or premix, and generally say as much on the labels. Likely this will devolve into the usual "my oil is better than your oil", so before it does, mix up some premix and go ride lol
cheapo

Post by cheapo »

bufftester wrote: 06:56 pm Sep 21 2022 Run it. Its just 2T oil made by Lube-tech and branded for BRP. Perfectly fine to run as premix. Modern 2T oils can be used in either application DI or premix, and generally say as much on the labels. Likely this will devolve into the usual "my oil is better than your oil", so before it does, mix up some premix and go ride lol
Ha, good point! I appreciate the input; my amateur research agrees with your assessment.
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

SECOND. I use Yamalube 2S, it’s designed for injector systems too. I buy it in the big jug because we go through so much. Does great.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

MoonStomper wrote: 04:33 pm Sep 23 2022 SECOND. I use Yamalube 2S, it’s designed for injector systems too. I buy it in the big jug because we go through so much. Does great.
Mr. Moonstomper, you do know you would get better race starts if you quit using that off-brand stuff in your Kawi, don't you?

:boogie:
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

Doug, if I could afford KawiLube don’t you think I’d use it ?!? 🤓🔥🏁
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Maxima 927 and VP Racing MRX02, accept no less! :-)
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128