Aftermarket exhaust fitment

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
67fast

Aftermarket exhaust fitment

Post by 67fast »

I posted a couple weeks ago about my '97 KDX200 with an E series motor in it. My expansion chamber is bashed in for clearance over the plastic cover on the right side of the head. I picked up an unbent, stock chamber to see if it really needed the clearance or if it was dented to make it easier to get on and off. The stock pipe definitely will not fit. I have been thinking about how the aftermarket chambers fit. Do they mimic the shape of the factory one or shaped differently? Is there much space between the chamber and that plastic cover with an aftermarket
one installed? If anybody has one on there '95+ 200, could you possibly snap a picture for me? I've been looking around to just put the correct motor in it, but they are pretty pricey on ebay. On another note, if anybody has an H model motor for reasonable, let me know. Thanks for your time.
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Re: Aftermarket exhaust fitment

Post by Slick_Nick »

Most aftermarket pipes have to, by nature, mimic roughly the stock routing and mounting. However, some are designed to be larger, or smaller in certain areas to tailor the performance characteristics of the pipe.
'00 KDX 220R