How I Installed a Lectron Carb On My '99 KDX200

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: How I Installed a Lectron Carb On My '99 KDX200

Post by Tyl3r »

GATOROC wrote: 11:31 pm Nov 19 2021 Wow! I'm surprised at all of the issues you experienced! I've been running a Lectron on my 220 for several years now, and it's worked great from day one. The only concern I had was with the Barnett throttle cable, and had to max it way out to take up the slack. I picked up another Lectron for my 200 a few months ago, and that one installed fine as well without any issues.

Since a member on here (Tyl3r, I think) worked with Barnett in the past to get a custom cable built, I reached out to them to tell them how crappy the cable they provide with the Lectron is, and that pretty much everyone says it won't adjust enough to take all the slack out. I thought that we came up with the perfect solution with the elbow and a mid-adjuster, but I still have one issue. The problem is with the elbow that screws into the top of the carburetor. Once it bottoms out into the top plate, there's only one direction it can face. If it's not towards the front of the bike, as is the case with mine, the elbow isn't completely tight. The cable setup works awesome and gives enough clearance to go under the tank, but the elbow isn't all the way tight. Here's the drawing and a few pics of how it looks installed.

Lectron Adjustable Throttle Cable.jpg

Lectron - Barnett Adjustable Throttle Cable 1.jpg

Lectron - Barnett Adjustable Throttle Cable 2.jpg

Lectron - Barnett Adjustable Throttle Cable 3.jpg

Lectron - Barnett Adjustable Throttle Cable 4.jpg
Oh man, I'm just seeing this now. That elbow is way better than the one I have, much lower. I put my Lectron on my hybrid though and the long elbow actually works pretty good on there due to the way the cable has to route. On a KDX frame, that elbow is the way to go though, very nice. They should just include those with the Lectron's from the factory lol people on the internet the R&D work for them!
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

I'm just now seeing this after running a Lectron 34mm KDX kit installed by previous owner's mechanic. Mine fits almost as good as the better photos on here WITH a Moto Tassinari V-Force3 reed block surprisingly, but the carb angle is tilted more than I'd care for but runs awesome and delivers pretty incredible fuel economy vs all the other bikes I rode with that pretty much ALL run Keihin PWK's (KDX200's, various KTM's, Honda CR125R, Honda CR250R, etc).

I do believe mine also doesn't quite fit all the way into the intake boot (aftermarket reed block) same as the OEM pictures here. I may actually chuck this up in my lathe this winter and shorten the intake spigot on tbe carb, as this would correct my mounting angle slightly.

I noted that this carb had the raised rib reinforcement portion of the top covers right side mounting screw on the carb, milled flat, whereas the others are still looking like the factory casting. This allowed the screw to sit down lower, it may have a counter-sunk head screw on that one also. This allows you to clock it a little bit better.

As far as the Lectron Billetron, it's only available in a 38 mm, these Lectrons work great at 34mm on the KDX220R's that I have (replacing the PWK33), and the stock KDX200 carb is 35, with the Ron Black versions being PWK 35 Air Strikers bored out to 36mm as the 36mm PWK is a taller carb with fitment issues on our bikes I assume (I've looked at the specification sheets and the 36 is indeed noticeably taller than the 35 PWK Air Striker).

Also, the SmartCarb SC36 is an equally awesome carburetor, maybe even better, and works awesome on the KDX engine but does not work awesome on the KDX frame. One of their employees told me about how great a KX KDX hybrid ended up running with the smart carb, said it works fine on the KX frame but not the KDX frame.

I'll have one or both of my KDX is completely torn apart this winter. I might even look at modifying the frame... I'm putting taller motocross forks on, and when using these RM conventional show a twin chamber forks, the only way to lower the bike back to stock is to reduce the travel, I don't mind tiptoeing and getting extra travel or setting more sag, and I'm going to run a 2001 plus RM 125 shock like SS 109, which is 1 in longer than stock, instead of internally lowering it or altering the linkages, I might just raise the upper shock cross member mounting portions that interfere with the carbs if that agrees with the rest of the frames set up, air box mounting, etc. That way I can utilize the taller shocks better without internally lowering them, and achieve the 5/8" increase in ride height a bit better with no real compromises.
I plan to turn my flogged '99 220 into an all out singletrarack beast, as the Lectron-equipped 97 220R has a street title and purple plastics that I don't want yo subject to high likelihood of hard drips on gnarly rock/boulder sections in the rufged Appalachian singletracks at Redbird Crest Kentucky, Buffalo Mtn Devil Anse Rockhouse trails in Southern WV, Kairos Resort in WV/VA etc...

I also have a brand new Ron Black modified 36mm/divider plate etc PWK35 Air Striker so I'm very eager to compare it with the Lectron. I expect the Ron Black Air Striker to have better overall power but the electron to have still shockingly better fuel economy and fuel range which is a massive bonus... I can't believe it every time we come back to the trailhead that my gas tank has about 4 in higher gas height and it then everyone else is including identical stock KDX tanks... And even at that, I feel like I have my Lectron running a bit on the rich side...closed throttle deceleration at high RPM was my concern, a little bit more lubrication with the fatter idle and low end was definitely my goal there. I never have fouled a plug with it, also. Just slightly rich. I run BR8EIX plugs & rev the FMF Gnarly Desert pipe / modified head 220 to the moon, the upper RPMs really help keep the plug clean...
'97 KDX220R - purple/green! - KLX forks, Lectron, FMF, Tubliss
'99 KDX220R project - '98/'01 RM125 suspension, Titanium hardware, Lectron Billetron Pro, Tubliss
'77 Suzuki PE250 & '83 Suzuki PE175 Full Floater - restomod projects
'77 Suzuki GS750-844cc, '77 GS400/489cc & '77 GS550/740cc projects
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Suzuki Samurai TDI/Toyota swaps
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

I'll add that the custom throttle cable drawing and photos absolutely looks like something I could benefit from. Mine is just barely long enough overall with CR high bars and fat bar adapters raising the handlebar height. The elbow off the car but also looks fantastic compared to mine. Contact Barnett and order up two of these, too bad that I ordered a spare of a stock cable immediately upon getting this bike. I've never like to go to the trails without spare clutch and throttle cables, brake pads, wheel bearings, inner tubes, clutch/brake levers, etc...
'99 KDX220R project - '98/'01 RM125 suspension, Titanium hardware, Lectron Billetron Pro, Tubliss
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

Another thing to look into perhaps would be the new Gen3 XTNG carbs. They're a hybrid of the best features of the Lectron and SmartCarb combined. They're Chinese, but allegedly a rider-owned company, & one that seems pretty serious about R&D. I doubt you'll get one thats so close to perfect fuel metering for a KDX out of the box like the Lectron fuel metering, but we won't know until we try!
I'm pretty seriously considering one for my vintage woods racer 1977 Suzuki PE250B build... Probably put my KDX's stock PWK33 into the '83 PE175 then, or sell it for another XTNG!
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

These:

Darnit it won't let me remotely display .png or .jpg images from the XTNG carbs website!
I think it just flagged me as a spammer for trying... I get an errir/warning message on my kdxrider.net posting editor screen saying that my IP address has been blacklisted for spam by SpamHaus... What gives? It's clearly working in conjunction with this forum. I found 2 other posts with mention of this Spamhaus/IP Blacklisting, kdxgarage thought that spamhaus had nothing to do with our forum site. Clearly it's written into the forum software.
Screenshot_20221124-162258.png
Screenshot_20221124-162258.png (407.94 KiB) Viewed 3621 times

Here, I've uploaded it to our KDXRider.net server instead of remotely linking:
XTNG Gen3 carb dimensions
XTNG Gen3 carb dimensions
f54b804762c9a800874214565af0f821.png (950.67 KiB) Viewed 3622 times
Link:
http://www.xtngmotosports.com/p/2T.html
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

This Spamhaus thing is really becoming an issue. Ugh!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Chuck78 wrote: 04:23 pm Nov 24 2022 They're Chinese, but
Thats all I need to hear to not want one. Been down that road too many times.
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

Tyl3r wrote: 10:45 pm Dec 02 2022
BUT... nearly EVERYTHING aftermarket these days is outsourced to China... Including OEM parts quite often.

I think these XTNG carbs might be very much worth running. I'll try one on my vintage bike restomod project ('77 Suzuki PE250B 2T enduro) and compare it to the Lectron. This isn't just some made in China cheap carb, it's a performance company based out of the leading manufacturing nation in the world. Leading in both cheap junk and the highest quality technology simultaneously. It's up to the buyer to filter out the good from the bad.
Now if we're talking about a cheap no-name or multi-branded generic fork rebuild kit from China, I am certainly going with OEM KYB or Showa parts over that, but in this instance, this is an entirely different level of parts. Just look up their website. They have an entire website dedicated to these cutting edge technology carbs that have perhaps surpassed Lectron and SmartCarb in innovative features, and are on their 3rd gen redesign of making improvements to them. This ain't no $35 PWK Air Striker clone on scamazon...
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

Tyl3r wrote: 10:45 pm Dec 02 2022
http://www.xtngmotosports.com/p/2T.html
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Chuck78 wrote: 10:33 am Dec 05 2022 it's a performance company based out of the leading manufacturing nation in the world.
Exactly, the leading manufacturing country in the world. They are also extremely well known for ripping things off and copying them because they don't follow any copyright or patent laws over there. When we travel to China for work, they don't even allow us to take our own laptops or work cell phones there because they get hacked so easily over there.

They are good at manufacturing things cheaply, and I do realize a LOT of bike parts (and other things) I get are from there. The difference is (with industrial products, motorcycle parts, etc), those things that I look to purchase are designed in countries that have solid reputations for design and engineering (USA, anywhere in Western Europe, Japan, Korea, etc) and they outsource the manufacturing to low cost countries and then fight the quality control battle to have them remain good products. These companies have solid design, engineering, R&D, testing, troubleshooting, etc resources to learn and support the products, they just outsource the manufacturing.

From my experience working as a mechanical engineer in the industrial world, engineered products that come from China based companies are rip offs of a well known product. That country is not know for innovation AT ALL, they are known for ripping things off and then not supporting them very well later on because they don't know how they work because they didn't go through the R&D exercises to properly design them and learn the ins and outs.

You can do as you wish, I am not trying to argue, just trying to give fair warning!
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

Tyl3r wrote: 12:13 pm Dec 05 2022
Chuck78 wrote: 10:33 am Dec 05 2022 it's a performance company based out of the leading manufacturing nation in the world.
The difference is (with industrial products, motorcycle parts, etc), those things that I look to purchase are designed in countries that have solid reputations for design and engineering (USA, anywhere in Western Europe, Japan, Korea, etc) and they outsource the manufacturing to low cost countries and then fight the quality control battle to have them remain good products. These companies have solid design, engineering, R&D, testing, troubleshooting, etc resources to learn and support the products, they just outsource the manufacturing.

From my experience working as a mechanical engineer in the industrial world, engineered products that come from China based companies are rip offs of a well known product. That country is not know for innovation AT ALL, they are known for ripping things off and then not supporting them very well later on because they don't know how they work because they didn't go through the R&D exercises to properly design them and learn the ins and outs.
I agree with your statements on the majority of China-based products, but these carbs and this company are perhaps an exception to all of that, as they are supposedly a rider-owned company, they are dedicated solely to making the carbs that Lectron and SmartCarb have failed to (they are a hybrid of the best features of both Lectron and Smart Carbs), and they very clearly put extensive R&D into these carbs, as they have made many revisions and are on the Gen3 redesigns now, improving them every time...
Motorcycles may perhaps likely outnumber cars in China, so there is surely incentive for innovation there.

There are also a lot of riders worldwide who are running these carbs, with reviews all over the internet. They are slow to catch on widespread in the USA due to Lectron and SmartCarb being based out of the USA as well as skepticism such as yours, but I feel there's a high likelihood that these will be quite good quality. I've spoken to their tech support customer service representatives several times now already, and they definitely seem very adept and knowledgeable about the very fine and intricate details of fuel metering requirements.

And these would likely fit a KDX better perhaps?
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Chuck, I have to say, agree to disagree! haha I am on the side that thinks if people in the US stop buying cheap Chinese knock-offs...maybe they will stop making and sending them over here! haha

I wouldn't say that Lectron has failed to make a great product. There is development and innovation definitely going on over there. Have you seen the Billetron? It is also a combination of the best features of the standard Lectron and the SC. I also have a Lectron and coming from someone who isn't much of a tuner, I love it. Bike runs awesome, revs crisp from bottom to top, even cold. I hear the Billetron is even better. What are your biggest complaints with it? I just didn't like the fitment on the H-series bike, but its not a problem on the hybrid.

You had me curious so I did a quick Google search earlier on these carbs. Saw a couple people in forums like TT mainly talking about doubts with their products/knowledge and other skepticism, like overall quality and lack of metering rod choices. I wasn't able to find any positive reviews or anything. If you have some positive reviews in mind from real users not affiliated with XTNG, I would be interested in hearing their thoughts, please share.

For a part as critical to proper bike operation as a carburetor, I will stick to well known manufacturers that we know and trust. If they are able to catch the attention of the folks over at like Dirt Bike magazine or Motocross Action and they test one and have good things to say, I will consider changing my views. Until then, I will never trust complicated devices developed and manufactured in Chyy-nuh.
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

The real problem with the Billetron is that I believe it only comes in a 38mm version! 36mm is the maximum venturi size for a KDX200 or modified 220 for someone who wants to run in tight woods and have crisp low end throttle response, unless perhaps you have an Eric Gorr Big Bore kit and ported cylinder, + Gnarly Desert rev pipe + modified squish band head. I would welcome someone to prove me wrong with firsthand experience between an Air Striker PWK35 or Ron Black 36mm bored version versus the Lectron Billetron, but I'm skeptical that a 38mm could provide the low end response that one of the Ron Black modified Air Strikers or my 34mm Lectron on my 220 provide.

Secondly - I don't believe the Billetrons will fit on a KDX H-series whatsoever... Too tall. Did you try one before switching it to your hybrid build Tyl3r?

There were a few YouTube reviews of the XTNG carbs, and a lot of reviews internationally on them if you spend some time searching. TT is mostly USA residents, where these carbs have just started garnering a bit of interest recently. The first generation had some design quirks to be worked out, and there are some reviews of those floating around on the web, but the second generation redesign fixed nearly all of those issues, and the third gen design was additional upgrades.

Also, the SmartCarb SC2 etc, like the Billetron as far as I can tell, are absolutely too tall to fit on a KDX H-series frame... One of the Technologies Elevated (SmartCarb parent company) employees told me they definitely do not fit, but they absolutely fit many KDX hybrids, as he has experience with assisting on one, and said it runs quite awesome on the hybrid build.

The XTNG features are sort of a hybrid of the adjustability features of the Lectron Power Jet + the low end "pilot" adjustment of the Smart Carb, and with external metering rod adjustability on some models. That was one of the most appealing features of them in addition to the price, the adjustability of both.

My Lectron 34mm does me quite well, although it would do even better if the previous owner hadn't installed a V-Force3 reed block intake, it mounts it further back and the carb is at an angle. I would also be more happy with it if I had one of those custom Barnett throttle cables illustrated in the Barnett engineering drawing I believe earlier in this thread. with fat bar adapters on these KLX300R triples and CR High bend handlebars, the cable supplied by Lectron is barely long enough, and I have to be very careful about how I route it otherwise I get unwanted accidental throttle input from turning the bars...
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

GATOROC wrote: 11:31 pm Nov 19 2021 Since a member on here (Tyl3r, I think) worked with Barnett in the past to get a custom cable built, I reached out to them to tell them how crappy the cable they provide with the Lectron is, and that pretty much everyone says it won't adjust enough to take all the slack out. I thought that we came up with the perfect solution with the elbow and a mid-adjuster

The cable setup works awesome and gives enough clearance to go under the tank, but the elbow isn't all the way tight. Here's the drawing and a few pics of how it looks installed.

Lectron Adjustable Throttle Cable.jpg

Lectron - Barnett Adjustable Throttle Cable 1.jpg

Lectron - Barnett Adjustable Throttle Cable 2.jpg

Lectron - Barnett Adjustable Throttle Cable 3.jpg

Lectron - Barnett Adjustable Throttle Cable 4.jpg

GATOROC, How does one go about ordering one of these custom Barnett cables for the Lectron KDX install??? It's a shame that I ordered a spare stock Lectron cable offering initially, as these will fit sooooo much better.

Does anyone else want to go in on ordering one or two of these while I'm having them make 2 for me? I hope, at least!

I see no email or anything other than "become a dealer" application request links on the Barnett website:
https://www.barnettclutches.com/contact-us.html
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

Ahhhhh.... clicking on several of their throttle cable links, I found this:

TO ORDER CUSTOM LENGTH OR "ONE OFF" CABLES, PLEASE CALL US AT 805-642-9435 AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU!

HERE:

https://www.barnettclutches.com/service ... ?faq_id=22

I was looking for an email link so I could send the the engineering drawing to make sure we were on the same page.
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
GATOROC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GATOROC »

I worked with Evan on this and have included his contact info below. You can just send him the drawing above and he should be able to help you out.

Evan Olivera
Barnett Tool & Eng.
2238 Palma Dr.
Ventura, CA. 93003
805-642-9435

I never heard back from him concerning my question about the elbow going into the carburetor. Here is what I sent him.

"Hi Evan,

I received the cable and got it installed last night. The slack is now out of the throttle and it works great. The 100 degree bend is perfect and fits well under the tank. The only concern I have is like I mentioned below where the elbow isn't real tight into the top of the carburetor since it isn't adjustable. I've included some pics and a short video that shows the movement of the elbow. For the elbow and the nut on top of the Lectron to be tight, the elbow has to face towards the back of the bike. What are your thoughts?"

Thanks,

Todd"
2000 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200

2024 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

FYI, I'm looking into whatever clearance issues the new Lectron Billetron and Billetron Pro carbs have on our H-Series KDX models here very soon!

These are much shorter carbs and require a long body adapter, so the carburetor will be away from the frame cross member that the standard Lectron offering for our bike sits right up against.
They told me one of their veteran engineers said that these do not fit a KDX due to frame interference, but I suspect it's the upper rear head stay engine mount bracing on the frame that it may contact. I'll find out here soon!

Matt @ Lectron wrote: Good evening,

Sorry for the delayed response, I was just able to have one of our machinists turn down a scrap body for you to test fitment with. Where should we send it?

Best,

Matt

Matt Denecke
Lead Fuel System Engineer

(830) 331-2235
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Kevbot

Post by Kevbot »

GATOROC wrote: 06:34 pm Feb 13 2023 I worked with Evan on this and have included his contact info below. You can just send him the drawing above and he should be able to help you out.

Evan Olivera
Barnett Tool & Eng.
2238 Palma Dr.
Ventura, CA. 93003
805-642-9435

I never heard back from him concerning my question about the elbow going into the carburetor. Here is what I sent him.

"Hi Evan,

I received the cable and got it installed last night. The slack is now out of the throttle and it works great. The 100 degree bend is perfect and fits well under the tank. The only concern I have is like I mentioned below where the elbow isn't real tight into the top of the carburetor since it isn't adjustable. I've included some pics and a short video that shows the movement of the elbow. For the elbow and the nut on top of the Lectron to be tight, the elbow has to face towards the back of the bike. What are your thoughts?"

Thanks,

Todd"
How much did the cable cost? Getting an lectron and also have the Vforce reeds so I figure I will need or eventually need the barrett cable.
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

Kevbot wrote: 12:42 pm Aug 03 2023
GATOROC wrote: 06:34 pm Feb 13 2023 I worked with Evan on this and have included his contact info below. You can just send him the drawing above and he should be able to help you out.

Evan Olivera
Barnett Tool & Eng.
2238 Palma Dr.
Ventura, CA. 93003
805-642-9435
How much did the cable cost? Getting an lectron and also have the Vforce reeds so I figure I will need or eventually need the barrett cable.

They are a full custom cable and so being a one-off, they cost around $65 if I recall.
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

If you haven't bought one yet, the more expensive brand new Lectron Billetron Pro Series are easier to get dialed in especially for a 200, and they fit significantly better. If unmodified, you will have to stretch out the intake and air box to fit around the larger Billetron, but the "38" venturi size is still the same as the Legacy series Lectron that they spec for our bikes. 34mm.
You also need the long body adapter they offer for $22 extra, as these carburetors are much shorter length - which is why they fit significantly better than standard Lectron offering.
Both will run awesome, but I'm now realizing that I've been a bit rich overall on that older style Lectron. The Billetron Pro Series has a low speed adjustable jet and the power jet for high throttle openings, so you can custom tailor the fueling curve a lot better throughout the throttle range.
They ARE NOT CHEAP, however!
Neither are SmartCarb SC2 36's...

The 34mm Legacy era Lectron Power Jet carbs work awesome on the 220 engine. Some love them for the 200's, but others say they can never quite get them dialed in ideally on a 200.

If I have time tonight & tomorrow night I'll be installing the real version Billetron Pro Series (previously they had sent me a scrapped test fitting body with the intake spigot machined down in diameter). Not sure I'll have time to get it dialed for our Saturday single track ride though if it needs metering rod adjustments and tinkering to get perfect. Hopefully it's set up pretty good out of the box but it's the first one of these that Lectron was aware of going onto our bikes.
I did some R&D for them as far as 95-06 KDX fitment concerns. They fit better than the older Lectrons they currently sell for our bikes. They machined mine down to PWK35/33 spigot diameter, and the long body adapter down to PWK33/35 airbox bell diameters, but that's not 100% necessary especially if using a Boyesen RAD Valve.
That's the other huge bonus, the standard Lectron barely fits with the stock reed cage and intake manifold)shoves it back into the frame crossmember, it's a long and tall carb despite looking quite slender vs the Billetron Pro Series (which is fatter/bulkier looking but also shorter in 2 very critical dimensions).
The Billetron Pro Series actually fit BETTER WITH a Boyesen RAD Valve reed cage and intake assembly or Moto Tassinari VForce3 reed cage assembly.

XTNG Gen3 carbs absolutely do not fit our bikes, and the Smart Carb SC2 36 is uncertain, Smart Carb told me they had reports of frame interference issues on 95-06 KDX, & therefore they do not recommend them for our bikes, although they have no firsthand experience or even photos to document these interference issues. They did say the newer billet SC2 etc carbs are shorter than their original cast versions, but still, comparing dimensions and scaling other dimensions off of their photos, it'd be tight, but may work.
Last edited by Chuck78 on 06:49 pm Aug 03 2023, edited 1 time in total.
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup