Bar riser bolt size/pitch?

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
ethanherron

Bar riser bolt size/pitch?

Post by ethanherron »

I crashed.
hard.
My bars are perfectly intact (somehow) but the riser bolts bent out so my hands are now in strange places trying to ride the fkn’ thing. It’s an ‘03 220R, can anyone tell me the size and pitch of the riser bolt?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Bar riser bolt size/pitch?

Post by KDXGarage »

Welcome to kdxrider.net. Are you sure the bolts are bent? Sometimes, loosening the nuts, repositioning the risers, then tightening gets it all back in line works.

The four on top are:

https://www.partzilla.com/product/kawas ... bb5fbf571c

The two lower bolts are a custom bolt, not a regular one if I remember correctly.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Bar riser bolt size/pitch?

Post by bufftester »

Start by loosening the upper cap (pn 46012) bolts (pn 92150A) and see if you can get them lined back up. There are rubber isolators (pn 92160) in the upper triple clamp and its not unusual in a hard crash to tweak the bars because of those isolators. (A one piece upper helps alleviate this, I think PC and Fredette sell them still). If still tweaked unbolt the lower bar holders (pn 46012A) and remove them from the triple clamp and inspect to see if they are bent, or if the isolators are damaged.
Attachments
bar.JPG
bar.JPG (48.54 KiB) Viewed 1854 times