KDX220 Rear Linkage and Swingarm Bearing Replacement

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
txst

KDX220 Rear Linkage and Swingarm Bearing Replacement

Post by txst »

Just bought a '98 KDX220 that needs some love. Thanks to the help on this board, I replaced the fork seals, bushings, etc.

The swingarm bearings and linkage bearings were shot. Good news is that I was able to remove the swingarm bolt without much drama. Bad news is that I wanted to go with OEM parts, but the sleeves for the swingarm are "unavailable", so I had to buy a Pivot Works kit, hopefully that will arrive in a day or so.

Next was the linkage bearings. Good news is all but one pressed out fairly easily, but I eventually got them all out. Now the bad news - I can't find the 2 linkage arm bolts (P/N 92150-1213), and mine had quite a bit of slop in the sleeves I took out (I don't know if it was the sleeves or the bolts that are worn - or both). I ordered them from Partzilla, but now they are saying they are backordered with no ETA. Does anyone have a source for these bolts? I hate to use worn bolts that will just beat up the new bearings.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: KDX220 Rear Linkage and Swingarm Bearing Replacement

Post by KDXGarage »

Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
txst

Post by txst »

Hard to say - mine would probably clean up OK and look like those, but I don't know what the OD is supposed to be. They are definitely loose in the sleeves. The most play was in the lower shock mount, but Partzilla had that one in stock.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

the tubes are a 15mm ID and 22mm OD with a 57mm length. The bolts are 15mm OD with a 12mm threaded end and 85mm length. Motosport has the sleeves in stock, but not the bolts.
txst

Post by txst »

Thanks for the information. I got my sleeves from Partzilla yesterday. I am going to clean my bolts up and see how much play I have in the new sleeves. If it's not too bad, I will ride it as is.