What aftermarket Brake & Clutch lever/perch setups are ya'll running?

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

What aftermarket Brake & Clutch lever/perch setups are ya'll running?

Post by MoonStomper »

My new to me '03 220 has old OEM stock-ish levers and clutch perches that are looking rough. I like the shorter levers I run on my mountain bike so would like to go with something shorter anyway. Lots of expensive options out there, so I wonder what you guys have found that you like or have learned to avoid. The Zeta stuff looks nice - but a little pricey. Same with the ARCs, etc. What are you guys running? Thanks for your opinions and experience!

Attachments
KDX.jpg
KDX.jpg (360.67 KiB) Viewed 2108 times
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
billie_morini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: What aftermarket Brake & Clutch lever/perch setups are ya'll running?

Post by billie_morini »

My used KDX purchased a few months ago had a goofy aftermarket perch and lever for the clutch. I bought new perch and lever sold under the Moose Racing brand. Purposely selected standard lever length, but noticed Moose also offers shorty.
Goatfish

Post by Goatfish »

I am using a $60 hydraulic clutch for kids pitbikes I got off ebay. Cheap alternative but it's probably not as good as a proper hydraulic clutch.
20201108_224617.jpg
20201108_224617.jpg (3.59 MiB) Viewed 1933 times
I crashed yesterday and the end broke off. The full length is about an inch and half longer
danoc33

Post by danoc33 »

Oddly enough, I just replaced my OEM levers and perches with ASV F3 levers. I have ran them on most of my bikes and like you, I prefer my levers to be short like my mountain bike levers. They bolted up with out issue and after adjusting the lever length, they are perfect. You can get the F3's for fairly reasonable prices on eBay. Not the cheapest route, but mine have held up great over the years on my other bikes.
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

danoc33 wrote: 07:30 am Nov 09 2020 Oddly enough, I just replaced my OEM levers and perches with ASV F3 levers. I have ran them on most of my bikes and like you, I prefer my levers to be short like my mountain bike levers. They bolted up with out issue and after adjusting the lever length, they are perfect. You can get the F3's for fairly reasonable prices on eBay. Not the cheapest route, but mine have held up great over the years on my other bikes.
Thanks, I'll check those out. I've been eyeballing the USA made Streamline clutch too - they look pretty stout and it's nice having American made stuff. So far my OEMs are hanging in there with the mods I made.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
bikeman2502001

Post by bikeman2502001 »

Im running a pro taper clutch lever which is pretty good and a tusk brake lever nothing special there just black color stock stuff isnt too bad on the kdxs