Heres some help for poor low end preformance

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
cbittner72

Re: Heres some help for poor low end preformance

Post by cbittner72 »

I just bought and installed the #7 slide as well. I was running 35p 155m DEL-2 with #5 slide air screw 3.5 out and it ran relatively good, could lift wheel no problem but ran terrible at idle and idle adjuster was completely useless. After looking through the jetting threads of those with the RB carb, I tried to simulate their jetting vs mine with the Kyajet app. I decided on changing the pilot to a 40 and starting there. On first start today, it’s a huge difference in idle quality, idle adjuster works now, and I’m starting at 1.5 on air screw. Ran fairly well in my yard but need some trail time to dial in. Will update.
cbittner72

Post by cbittner72 »

This is part number 018-245 for those wondering. It’s the Airstryker slide for PWK35
Guinness Dave
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Guinness Dave »

cbittner72 wrote: 07:58 pm Apr 21 2021 This is part number 018-245 for those wondering. It’s the Airstryker slide for PWK35
That's the one I got too, still need to install it!
cbittner72

Post by cbittner72 »

Got to ride today...basically everyone should be running the #7 slide. It just idles so much better. Was crisp through the throttle range. With my setup, I only opened the air screw another turn so at 2.5 for best throttle response. CEK/DEK on order to try the additional fuel those needles will provide at 1/8 throttle over the DEL I’m running.
GOT WOODS?

Post by GOT WOODS? »

So will this upgrade work on both the 200 and the 220, or just on one of the models?
2003 KDX200: Bone stock

2003 KDX 220:
Boyesen reeds
Gnarly Gold Series pipe
Turbine Core 2 silencer
Fat Bars
Super Sport IMS pegs
Cycra Probend hand guards
Tusk dualsport light kit
LED headlamp
Boyesen Factory Racing mag cover
Airbox snorkel removed
Wiesco piston and rings
Guinness Dave
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Guinness Dave »

cbittner72 wrote: 03:07 pm Apr 25 2021 Got to ride today...basically everyone should be running the #7 slide. It just idles so much better. Was crisp through the throttle range. With my setup, I only opened the air screw another turn so at 2.5 for best throttle response. CEK/DEK on order to try the additional fuel those needles will provide at 1/8 throttle over the DEL I’m running.
Where is your needle out of curiosity? And can you post the current carb setup again? Just for starting purposes? Thx!
cbittner72

Post by cbittner72 »

GOT WOODS? wrote: 09:04 pm Apr 25 2021 So will this upgrade work on both the 200 and the 220, or just on one of the models?
This is for the 35mm carb on the 200’s. I don’t have any experience with the 33mm on the 220’s.
cbittner72

Post by cbittner72 »

Guinness Dave wrote: 09:31 pm Apr 25 2021
Where is your needle out of curiosity? And can you post the current carb setup again? Just for starting purposes? Thx!
I’m using DEL on clip 2, but I feel this may leave a little bit of power (lean) on the table with the 7 slide so I’m trying the K versions next. I may start testing at clip 3 on these. I should point out that I’m in Houston area so flat and hot... and usually need jetting like the mountain guys. The pilot is 40 (was 35 with #5 slide); the main I’ve kept at 155. Never performed any plug chops but will likely do so after I settle out these needles.

Regards
Chris
Guinness Dave
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Guinness Dave »

Okay, have the following now on my PWK35 air stryker quad-vent:
CEK needle
#7 slide
Clip on 2nd from bottom groove on needle
42 PJ
155 MJ
Air screw 1.5 out
Two snorkels in air box so breathes well
40:1
Woods pipe

Ran okay yesterday, then as it warmed up, started bogging a bit at lower revs, lower throttle. Was warm and dry air. Ran like bat out of hell at high revs & high throttle. Surface of plug looked pretty good, dry and coffee like. Raised the needle today to clip on bottom groove and air screw at 1.0 turns out. Will report back. It did idle better sitting there, that is for sure. If needle on bottom of clip doesn't solve the bog, may need a bigger PJ.
billie_morini
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by billie_morini »

Bauer9168, did you ever resolve this? Did you get a slide valve? Which one? Did it improve mixture and fuel consumption?