Powervalve subvalves

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
tucker
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Powervalve subvalves

Post by tucker »

Hi all
I just rebuilt my top end on my KDX.
I cleaned and serviced my powervalve.
The first time I put everything back together I tripled checked the timing of the PV was correct and everything lined up. I then looked through the exhaust port and was turning the main shaft. Everything closed as it should. However, on opening, the left subvalve (viewed right through the exhaust port) seemed like it was partially open as I could still see part of it as opposed to the right subvalve which looked like it was completely flapped back (open).
I though it was odd, so I took it all apart again and reinstalled it. Triple checked. Same thing, so I just put it down do the design.

Is this something you have come across? is it something to do with the design and the interaction with the resonator?
kdxdazz

Re: Powervalve subvalves

Post by kdxdazz »

I had that on my bike too and same thing I pulled it apart then reassembled, decided it must have just been a factory thing.
1999 KDX220SR (KDX220-B5)
bikeman2502001

Re: Powervalve subvalves

Post by bikeman2502001 »

Yes mine also i dont use the marks at all I only go by their action i have no problems that way