All Balls Caliper Rear Caliper Rebuild Kit

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
comradealexie

All Balls Caliper Rear Caliper Rebuild Kit

Post by comradealexie »

Has anyone used the All Balls rear caliper rebuild kit? I finally got around to rebuilding my rear caliper after losing a pad pin and a pad on the trail last year. I'm pretty sure the caliper has seen no maintenance as the guide pins are dry and the fluid smelled awful. I managed to get the inner piston seal in, but the outer one has about 1/4'' of extra seal that I can't manage to get wedged into the retaining ring. Has anyone else had issues with the All Balls kit?

I think it was time for new pads...
kdxsully
Supporting Member

Re: All Balls Caliper Rear Caliper Rebuild Kit

Post by kdxsully »

OEM seals for me. These all balls kits are usually designed to work with multiple makes and models, thus giving the situation you’re experiencing.
I like turtles
comradealexie

Post by comradealexie »

I got a hold of an NOS seal kit and managed to get it into the caliper, but then removed it for whatever reason and now it no longer fits. Do these seals swell after they touch fluid for the first time? The NOS part originally hugged the piston body with no gap, now it hangs as loosely as the All Balls seal.
On a separate note; after some research I found that the 9093-1272 seals that Kawi wants $15 for can be had for around $5 from Yamaha as part number 3JD-25803-50-00.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I would think removing them is a "one and done" thing.

Good tip on the Yamaha part. They are Nissin, so maybe other parts will swap, too!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128