Lowering Link KDX200 H series

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
DeKay

Lowering Link KDX200 H series

Post by DeKay »

Hi There

My son age 12 has just got a KDX200 and would like feed back on what lower link to put in the bike, he is tall for his age so will need it only for a year or 2 and is a good rider and stand-ups 90% of the time only need the bike lowered a little to help him kick it easier on hills etc.

I understand there is 3 different lengths of link and any experience in what one is best and how much to change the front forks in the tripple clamps will be helpful. :supz:
svboy

Re: Lowering Link KDX200 H series

Post by svboy »

You Sir, are so in luck! I am in the South Island and have both the Kouba 2 and Kouba 3 lowering links for a KDX which are about to be for sale!
E-mail me at beardslc AT hotmail DOT com if you are interested?

EDIT: I changed it to not show a full address or phone number. Spam bots love catching those.
DeKay

Post by DeKay »

Thanks for the feedback unfortuantly i have just bought the number 2 how did it go on your bike how much did you adjust the front forks any issues using the links. cheers
svboy

Post by svboy »

From memory l brought the front forks through about 20 mm. I had to crank up the rear preload to compensate for the changed geometry. They work well.
DeKay

Post by DeKay »

thanks you will have no trouble salling these links as i couldnt find any second hand ones before buying new
dc2012
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by dc2012 »

I had to make some because I couldn't find any. That being said I have the drawings for anyone that has the skills to make them. So if the size doesn't turn out right let me know and I can make custom/give you drawing for new links.