How do you clean the KIPS?

Discussion specific to the 1995 - 2006 KDX200 (H Series) and 1995 - 2005 KDX220R (A Series) models sold in the USA
BiG DoM

How do you clean the KIPS?

Post by BiG DoM »

How do you clean the KIPS - is there info here, link please? I have searched without luck.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: How do you clean the KIPS?

Post by bufftester »

Get a manual if you're going to tackle routine maintenance...really the money you'll save just from not damaging the KIPS shaft alone will more than pay for it. The only way to clean the valve is to disassemble it. It can be done with the engine in the frame, but you need to take the head off as well as the pipe. Plenty of threads in search discuss the valve and the gotchas, and the need for a manual.
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

Don't I recognize you from ADVrider/Café Husky? Welcome, this here's a great site.
BiG DoM

Post by BiG DoM »

bcdonyo wrote:Don't I recognize you from ADVrider/Café Husky? Welcome, this here's a great site.
Yes indeed :grin: My son 15 year old son has a KDX he has just started racing in local enduro's - I am busy giving it an overhaul between seasons.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type