Dessert 100

Reviews of riding areas...
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dessert 100

Post by 6 Riders »

Last minute decision, boy and I are heading there in about 10 minutes. If you want to hit me up, I'm in a big blue GMC van with a 2 rail and a pair od DXs on it.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
supermess

Re: Dessert 100

Post by supermess »

Wish I could have made it this year. I could have gone a couple of weeks ago but everyone said they werent going this year. So I made other plans. Good luck out there and be safe. :supz:
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Dustier than last year, they really need a lot of rain right before this event next year or I'll be skipping it. I can think of more fun things to do than ride through a brownout and sneeze dirt for a day lol. That said, it still is an awesome experience if you've never been.
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Dessert 100

Post by jjavaman »

Pics plz
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Hit the Iron Man just before 8 AM, back by 9:30. Seemed easier than usual this year. The dust up top is ridiculous, but when we were down in the "bowl" the weather was great and traction was excellent. After a quick splash of fuel, we went back and rode the Family side of the ride and by then the dust was so bad, we finished that, packed up and went home.
All in all I could have skipped it and spent the $$ on something else. In fact I was going to skip it, since I had to work at midnight Saturday night. But....my son really wanted to ride it and it would be his first time out there on his 220. So we went, he went...FAST....I spent most of the poker run trying to catch him. So I guess for that it was worth it.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Yeah, I didn't get out until close to noon, big mistake there. Early was definitely the way to go. It did seem easier, felt like they made a concerted effort to stay away from some of the over ridden areas this year. I agree with you on the $$ deal, could have ridden Mattawa, been all alone, and spent the cash on beer and tacos afterwards lol! I have video, no stills, but I'll try and grab some frame captures and post them
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

My son and I both got video, pretty good stuff. Unfortunately the best part of my ride, I wasn't recording (2nd loop).
My son was leading at the beginning of the short course, riding to the right of the main path, I was right on his a$$. All of a sudden he is doing a Superman all the way off of his bike :blink: :lol: . I stopped right on his rear tire. Once the dust settled, I saw what had happened. The "trail" that we were following had a long, deep and narrow hole in it, about handlebar deep. He dropped into it nose first, burying the front tire in about 6" of loose dirt, stopping the bike cold. He did not stop himself until he hit the dirt. I've got to say....watching that was pretty entertaining.
I'll spend some time grabbing stills from my video later.
Motorpsycho

Post by Motorpsycho »

I was tailing a couple of KDX's on the iron man loop for a while. Wonder if it was you guys?
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Motorpsycho wrote:I was tailing a couple of KDX's on the iron man loop for a while. Wonder if it was you guys?
We were out pretty early. I have a license plate on my rear fender, just below the tail light. But there where a few pairs of KDXs out there. I was actually parked behind a few guys that had a 200 and 220 just like ours (sans the license plate).
Motorpsycho

Post by Motorpsycho »

Maybe not then, I don't remember a plate.
You guys hitting the sparkplug this weekend? If so look for me. Green jersey and pants and a plain white helmet.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

My kids race at Straddleline this weekend.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Trio of KDXs morning of...not this clean when we finished. KDXRider.net got a couple shout outs...Next year I need to take a bunch of the fender decals with me and hand them out!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

So who is this?

6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

It's amazing how KDX's there where out there, yet very few of those people are on here..... :shock: