Tillimook national forest, Diamond Mill ORV park

Reviews of riding areas...
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Tillimook national forest, Diamond Mill ORV park

Post by newbbewb »

SUPER rowdy. SUPER fun. LOTS of elevation change. This was a whole tank of gas riding. WOOHOO! warning: you will be taxing the bike. My front brake pads/rotor/brake fluid are finished, and my rear tire is missing chunks. I stretched the MSR shift lever also. I seemed to have developed a leaking fork seal. Jetting here could be a bit interesting if your bike is touchy, there is roughly 2000' of elevation change. There are lots of loose rocks, 2' log crossings, rock gardens, stream crossings, hero dirt, whoops, lips and jumps. There are some 3rd gear powerband hill climbs that seemed to go on for miles. Mainly single track but some nice open high speed stuff as well. It will be dusty in the summer, but right around now traction in superb.

There are facilities in the staging area, but no running water. Bring 3 gallons, you will be sweating.

on a side note, I went with some much better riders, all riding MX 250 2 strokes. The KDX was looking real good a couple of times, nearly riding over those bikes to the top when it got real rowdy. A clear advantage goes to the trail oriented bike at this park when you get off the main trails, as it usually does.
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
jeeptech1

Re: Tillimook national forest, Diamond Mill ORV park

Post by jeeptech1 »

Sweet! Heading there for my 1st time this afternoon. Sounds like my kinda riding!
jeeptech1

Re: Tillimook national forest, Diamond Mill ORV park

Post by jeeptech1 »

this place should be the Mecca for dirt bikes! Absolutely amazing single track and miles upon sweet miles of it! It will definitely challenge the rider and the bike. This is my new favorite place. Hope to go back soon!