Muskoka, Ontario CANADA!!!!

Reviews of riding areas...
motorhed220

Muskoka, Ontario CANADA!!!!

Post by motorhed220 »

Well this is as far North as it gets for most ppl, especially if your from the Middle America, anywho, Muskoka, Peary Sound, and the entire mid-Ontario region is a goldmine of trails. In the winter it s a Snowmobiler's heaven, but come summer the "Golden Triangle" is a motorsports Capital if Ontario.

Im talking about hundreds of Km's of trails, in one region Peary Sond, you can do 3-5 HUNDRED kms of trails, and its not pansy ass wimpy trails either, these are generaly GREAT trails, wide moderatly smooth, with a fine almost sandy base for a soft landing incase of screw ups.

There is a limitless amount of things to do up there, fishin, ridin, boating, anything that is involved in the outdoors. Basically it a bikers wet dream...

HOwever the only problem is you HAVE to plan a lot of it quite well and bring maps, whe you get up[ here there is literally NOTHING once in the bush, inbetween towns and all, and the trails go right inot the boonies. Plus some trails arent open to bikes are are swamps in the summer.

The closest traisl are in Barrie (part of Muskoka) which is about 2 1/2 of 3 hrs from the border, comin from Buffalo. about 5-6 comin from Detroit.
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
nate__gamer012

northern ontario

Post by nate__gamer012 »

this is true Ontario has some great spots where i live the trails is all bush and just leads out to nowhere....its awesome fun.

but you do need a map if you take a wrong turn i'd think your doomed unless you have a map or someone who has been on some of the trials out here.

but if your ever around in Ontario near Barrie msg me up and ill come for a good ride. :grin: [/youtube]
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

Calgary here. Good to have another canuck on the forum.
'00 KDX 220R
nate__gamer012

Post by nate__gamer012 »

yeah i just bought a 1983 kdx 200 looks nice but i need to rebuild the top end kinda wondering what i should do it it a good bike reliable?
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

>|<>QBB<
nate__gamer012 wrote:yeah i just bought a 1983 kdx 200 looks nice but i need to rebuild the top end kinda wondering what i should do it it a good bike reliable?

Check the bottom end and rebuild the top with nicasil bore and a wiseco piston and it should be great.
There are some on here who are more familiar with the older air cooled versions maybe they'll chime in .
Fletch
89 kdx 200 with 99 rm125 forks
nate__gamer012

Post by nate__gamer012 »

yes the bottom end is fine just the person i bought it off of didnt run enough oil and the piston ring scored the cylinder....so i need new piston and rings and a newly surfaced cylinder...i was thinking like what 200 at most to do it? im a mechanic so i can do it all my self except the surfacing part
younggunz

Post by younggunz »

the ganaraska forest trail system in the oak ridges moraine in ON. that is about a 10 min drive from port hope and cobourg, and is about 20 min away from peterborough has great trails that are open to recreational/offroad vehicles, horse riders and hikers during the summer and is open for sleds, horses and hiking in the winter. the trails are great, they have a great variety of terrain and have trails to give you what ever you want to do, wether it be riding singletrack or wide open atv/utv trails, and there are also alot of great cut-offs, open land, hills and non club/government owned trails that are more challenging. it is a great area to ride, if anyone wants to ever check it out, shoot e a pm and if you are ever in town i'll show a around
:cool:
93 kdx 200 81 xr500r
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

i would love to explore the canadian canadia! something this airforce brat has never experienced. :partyman:
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
nate__gamer012

Post by nate__gamer012 »

yeah man if u ever wanna travel up here its nice cold....but awesome trails...and awesome people..of course...
go green!
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Geez the snow all melted today in about 2 hours. I think I'll go ride some single track...
Fletch
89 kdx 200 with 99 rm125 forks
nate__gamer012

Post by nate__gamer012 »

yeah i wish i could ride my bike needs a top end rebuild...kinda sucks....but it needs to be done soon since we have barely any snow in Canada this year!
go green!
kdxquebec
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by kdxquebec »

Bring more snow! I know a machine who is ready to rip :supz: Happy Canadian trails everyone.

[youtube][/youtube]
'89 KDX 198cc '03 Gasgas Ec250 '13 Husaberg Te300
*CANADA* LEADING THE WORLD IN BEING JUST NORTH OF THE UNITED STATES.