Brushy Mountain Motorsports Park (NC)

Reviews of riding areas...
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Brushy Mountain Motorsports Park (NC)

Post by wanaride »

I've been to Brushy Mtn (Taylorsville NC, http://www.bmmspark.com) about a dozen times in the last year. Trail riding only with intermediate to advanced trails. I think they have around 40 miles of trails open now.

The trails have lots of slippery, rocky, root-crossed and rutted uphill/downhill sections. Some are pretty steep. Most of the trails are about 6' wide but they have plenty of single track too. The place is surprisingly rocky.

Climate controlled restrooms and concession stand are on site, so is primitive camping.

Overall, the place is great but I won't take my small kids there until they are VERY confident on their bikes...those uphill/downhill areas are no place for someone who is inexperienced.
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
ack

Post by ack »

Here's an update on Brushy:
They've added both "Family Trails" and "Youth Trails" to their trail system.
The Mgmt team are constantly maintaining the trails and are some of the nicest folks you've ever met.

All the trails are uni-directional and pretty well marked.

They have a large MX-type track and a Kid's track - they are trying to make the facility more accessible to everyone at all skill levels. Be warned: If you're taking your minor there (under 18), be sure to go to the Brushy Mtn. Motorsport Park website, download the forms and follow the directions (notary is required if both parents are not going to be present).

As the previous reviewer stated. Most of the park is no place for folks riding trails for the first time, however, it's an outstanding place to learn how to ride a multitude of terrain types. There is usually water/mud somewhere on the mountain. I've been there during the "dry season" and the same washes still had some mud in them.

There are a few "Goat Trails" as well. I'm a Novice rider and one of them kicked my butt pretty good. Even some of the trails leading to the Goat Trail were tough in the wet.
Steve
Raleigh, NC
'05 KDX 220, '00 KTM 200 MXC, '04 KLR 650, '03 WR450
Just learnin' and looking to have fun.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

One of my favorite spots, for sure. :supz: I've only made it down there bout 6 times this year, unfortunately.