Brown mountain

Reviews of riding areas...
Macdaddy

Brown mountain

Post by Macdaddy »

We rode Brown mountain this past weekend, it's near the Blue Ridge Pkwy. in North Carolina, in the
Pisgah National Forest, wow, what a place to ride, some of the best riding I have ever done in my life, and at times the most intense. Brown mountain is for intermediate level riders and above, I would not recommend novice or beginner riders to ride there, there are lots of challenging rocks and rock climbs/descends along the way. We rode single tracks that were generously wiide, about 4 foot wide,
Awesome switchbacks, lots of up/down elevation, then you turn a corner and look up and see a 50 foot uphill rock climb, at that point you get up off the seat, pick a line, turn the black thing and let the bike do the rest...Awesome ride, when we got finished for the day I said we should get T shirts that says
"I Rode Brown Mountain"...novice beware!..

National Forests in North Carolina - Brown Mountain OHV Trail System
http://www.fs.usda.gov/.../04_SB8K8xLLM ... 3gDfxMDT8M...
Ride the Trail.The Brown Mountain OHV (off-highway vehicle) area, the only OHV area in the Pisgah National Forest, offers 34 miles of designated trails.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Brown mountain

Post by Julien D »

Have ridden there many many times. It's about a half hour from my house. Some awesome and challenging trails if you stick to the single track.
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by royadams »

Brown is nice. But if you really want a challenge try brushy mountain, it takes nasty single track to a new level.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Brushy is my favorite, for sure. I think there are plenty of more challenging single track runs at brown if you know where to look though. Given my choice, I usually run down to brushy because I feel safer there. I love one way trails. :)

Wanna hear something sad? Between my job, my house, my new responsibilities at our farm, etc, I have not been riding once this year. Other than scooting around the property lines at the farm, my bike has seen hardly any use all summer. And here you guys are talking about my favorite spots. I'm sure hoping I can get out a couple times this fall and early winter when stuff slows down a bit for me.
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by royadams »

Yea hopefully you can get it out and knock the dust off. I have found some of the off limits single track by accident. Some of it really kicked my butt, and I wondered if I would make it out. One spot we claimed a dry creek bed at a pretty good incline. The worst was we had my friends son with us and had do walk down some of those hills and retrieve him.
Macdaddy

Post by Macdaddy »

We have ridden at Brushy also, a great all around place to ride!.. They do have some very challenging single tracks for sure, But there's something about Brown Mountain, it is like challenging Mother Nature herself, it's very secluded there.... hard to describe..Both places are awesome!,,