Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Reviews of riding areas...
sr5bidder

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by sr5bidder »

Tis park opened up just a few years ago and has come along way since. They have this annual pass that you can pay $25 when you get there and if you return within the same month it cost 3 bucks to ride,the pass costs $200 and the $25 you pay for a days ride gets applied to the cost of an annual pass. :shock:

The only thing that needs work is the marking sytem, mostly at rail intersections (they seem to run together alot) and while on the trails it is easy to get of the trail, as we did leading us down a cascading stream about 400 yards looking back the strweam rose about 60 feet in 1-2 ft steps so we decided to take the hill up out of the creek about 150 yards and really steep. I barely passed this test of skills but made it out witout dropping the bike but was exhuasted ...a good end to th day (5 hrs of riding).

Other than the trail markings everytime I have been there I have witnessed 4 wheeler carnage one involving the paramedics, but most of the time the quads are a total loss, the bigger the quad te more twisted and bent it seems to come out.

I meet a fellow KDXer I think he sad his user name was cha-ching or something similar.

It is nice to have a place like this just 45 minutes away.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by Julien D »

Sounds like fun! And hey, good to see ya Bill :partyman:
Cha Ching

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by Cha Ching »

It was nice to meet ya Bill! I wish i would have known y'all could have used a "guide". I know that place VERY well! I have never seen the 4 wheeler carnage you refer to, matter of fact, i have never seen an ambulance there. Hope to see ya up there again. If you wanna check out the single track, i can show you all of it! :supz:

If anyone is ever in this area, and wants to check out MM, i would be happy to go out there with ya. :mrgreen:
wbdisco
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by wbdisco »

i heard that most trails are for UTV or ATVs though, not much single track. Is that true??
2000 KDX200(mine)
Polini X3(daughter)(FOR SALE)
TRX70(other daughter)
Big Bear 400(wifey)
1969 M35a2 (Deuce and a 1/2)
Cha Ching

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by Cha Ching »

I wouldn't agree with that. There is plenty of single track at MM. I couldn't guess on mileage, but it would take most folks more than 1/2 day to ride it all with no breaks. We usually run 2 of them, then take a break.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by Tedh98 »

I finally got a chance to go to Moto Mountain yesterday. I had a fun time, I only rode the single track and didn't get to it all. Between not having ridden in a while and it being a hot day, I was beat by 1pm.

Of the track I rode, there was a nice mix between some tight/slow/technical stuff and some faster, better flowing track. I really liked some of the hills, reminded me of Highland Park.
Cha Ching

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by Cha Ching »

Tedh98 wrote:I finally got a chance to go to Moto Mountain yesterday. I had a fun time, I only rode the single track and didn't get to it all. Between not having ridden in a while and it being a hot day, I was beat by 1pm.

Of the track I rode, there was a nice mix between some tight/slow/technical stuff and some faster, better flowing track. I really liked some of the hills, reminded me of Highland Park.

Wish i would have known you were there. I was there from 9:00 til 3:30, and yes, it was HOT! Good times though. :supz:
treedodger

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by treedodger »

moto mountain is the closest riding area to me and I ride there now more than any other place, mainly because its so close. I started riding there a year or so ago, and they are now getting their act together (mostly) on trail markings. still a bit off in places, but Ok. They have 5 big loops (atv trails) that branch off, and lots of single track off of the larger D and E loops. you can, for sure spend a day there and not hit every trail. There is some good elevation there, but lately the wash out has been getting bad. the MM crew has just started grating/leveling some of the very bad spots, which helps. Although its smaller (much smaller) than Durhamtown, I like the trails a lot more. more technical riding, less ATV traffic on every trail, just a good riding day.

I'm up there a lot and seen a few other KDX'ers out there chasing down 4 strokes.
Cha Ching

Re: Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by Cha Ching »

Do you ride with a few guys on quads? An H model with USD forks...clean lookin bike! I have seen said bike and rider up there last 2 weekends. I will be sure to say hey next time. I am up there quite a bit.
treedodger

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by treedodger »

Hey cha ching,

im on a 2003 220R/stock shocks pretty clean looking (well, at the start of the day). I'll be without bike for the next 2 weekend, but will be up there again soon. I dont ride with any quad guys, but chat with most folks up there when I can. I have been up there the last two weekends, might be me - I did 60 miles of trails last saturday, so up there most of the day. I'll keep an eye out for you, always looking for a riding partner to do some single track.
Cha Ching

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by Cha Ching »

Cool, i will be there Sunday around 10. I mostly ride single track, but i gotta rip off some laps on "A" track throughout the day also. :supz:

I ride an '01 200 with #8 on it.
treedodger

Post by treedodger »

I'll miss you up there this weekend. currently, my bike, cylinder and carb are in three separate states :-0

I wont have my motor parts back until mid/late next week - hoping to get it together for next weekend, but wouldn't be surprised to have my stuff held up in shipping. I 'll chime back in when my ride is together and go from there. have a good ride.
treedodger

Post by treedodger »

she lives! bike back together, 2nd break in round down. I'll be at moto mountain this weekend.

hope to see you there.
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

treedodger wrote:she lives! bike back together, 2nd break in round down. I'll be at moto mountain this weekend.

hope to see you there.

Are you riding tomorrow? I was thinking about goin, i cant go on Sunday.
treedodger

Post by treedodger »

ya, was thinking about tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm just going up there for the day or going to camp, but def tomorrow. I can get up there mid-morning (10-11a), I need to do one more heat cycle on the bike.
Cha Ching

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by Cha Ching »

I should be up there around 9:30 or 10 tomorrow. 9/15

I haven't been on the bike in about 3 weeks, and i am ready!

:supz:
treedodger

Post by treedodger »

Dang! I've been up there the last 2 weekends, but this weekend I'm taking the RV to Durham town. I have a season pass now to moto mtn, so I know we'll met up there one day!
gotmolo

Moto Mountain Jasper GA

Post by gotmolo »

I spent a day at Moto Mountain yesterday and really enjoyed it. The terrain is a lot more varied than Duramtown. I met the other KDX rider there (treedodger). We hit a few hot laps together. :supz: I'll definitely be coming back.
treedodger

Post by treedodger »

good times! was fun to ride with you guys. maybe we can get a KDX riders day up there once this fall? would be fun to get a bunch of 2-stroke up there to blaze some trails.
Cha Ching

Post by Cha Ching »

I am going to try to make a trip out there Sunday the 14th. I will be 38 years old, and i wanna ride! Come join me...