Durahmtown, GA

Reviews of riding areas...
Malibu406
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Durahmtown, GA

Post by Malibu406 »

We took a trip from PA to Durahmtown riding park in GA.

Great trip overall. Dont expect much from their cabins, which are just old RV campers. Better than a tent, but thats about it. However they are on site and priced ok.

Tracks. I think there a 15 tracks there. Due to grooming usually 4 or 5 are closed each day. Ranges from pee-wee to no-freaking way am I doing that. Well maintained.

Ok, we have kdx’s not kx’s. So how are the trails? First, unless its wet, I think a race slick could get enough traction in the GA clay. But, and a big but, if its wet it is downright dangerous. Worse than riding in snow/ice. If you put dozer tracks on the kdx it wouldnt help. There are some nice single track as well as some tight stuff. The main trails used by RV’s are typically wide and fast. All trails are one way and I never had safety issues with crossings or wrong way drivers.

Definitely worth the $25/day. But, if you are picky about accommodations, stay in the hotels roughly 15 miles away.
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Durahmtown, GA

Post by TwistedRoot »

Thats a good ride from PA. Have you heard about this place in southern VA?

Kairos Resort

Thinking about doing a 2 day trip in June. :supz: :mrgreen:
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220
lucy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by lucy »

If you plan to stay in Durhamtown cabins be sure to take a pad. The "beds" aren't much better than sleeping on the floor.
lucy
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by lucy »

An interesting video showing Durhamtown terrain