Copperhead Dual Sport in Logan, OH

Reviews of riding areas...
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Copperhead Dual Sport in Logan, OH

Post by Tyl3r »

Anyone going to the Copperhead National Dual Sport this weekend in Logan, OH? I was going to head out Friday after work and ride there both days. Let me know and we can meet up or something.

https://hockingvalleymc.com/dual-sport/
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Copperhead Dual Sport in Logan, OH

Post by Tyl3r »

In case anyone was wondering, IT WAS A MUDDER! haha there were several sections of very tight and technical single track connected by short distances of road in between. Trails were super awesome, but it rained the night before and all day during the ride. I brought the KTM with dual sport tires and I spent a lot of time on the ground, the D606's don't clear out mud very well. Will definitely take the KDX next time instead. I did happen to see two guys on KDX's there, was nice to see in a sea of orange...another reason I will bring the KDX next time!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Well, that's a bummer. Here's hoping for better weather next time.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

I was contemplating doing that ride, it's almost local to me! I'm an hour north in Columbus.

A local KDX guy Jesse I met was going to head down to that, but I haven't talked to him since.

I know he speaks really highly of a couple of the Dual Sport rides around Southeastern Ohio like that and the Flint Ridge Dual Sport that also takes place about an hour away (East) from where we live. I feel lucky that 40 minutes East or Southeast from where we live gets you into the edge of the unglaciated Appalachian Hills where the scenery, riding, hiking etc gets awesome 👍

There's The Grassman National Enduro out by Zanesville in a couple weeks as well.
'97 KDX220R - purple/green! - KLX forks, Lectron, FMF, Tubliss
'99 KDX220R project - '98/'01 RM125 suspension, Titanium hardware, Lectron Billetron Pro, Tubliss
'77 Suzuki PE250 & '83 Suzuki PE175 Full Floater - restomod projects
'77 Suzuki GS750-844cc, '77 GS400/489cc & '77 GS550/740cc projects
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Suzuki Samurai TDI/Toyota swaps
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Nice, I talked to one of the KDX guys I saw, Jesse could have definitely been his name, I cant remember. Does he drive a Tacoma?

Definitely some beautiful scenery out there. I was supposed to also do the Flint Ridge dual sport but caught the Covid about a week before and couldn't handle it. Also heard very good things about it. I'll have to look into the Grassman, thanks for the tip!
KDXGarage wrote: 03:33 pm Jul 22 2022 Well, that's a bummer. Here's hoping for better weather next time.
Yep, for sure. Better preparation on my part would go a long ways too!