Land-Between-the-Lakes LBL . . . OR . . . Hatfield & McC

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Under "Lodging".....

Camping is not presently permitted at the Redbird SRA facility.

Keep an eye out on Mule Ridge in Hillsdale, IN. About 2.5 hrs for us and about 3.5 hours for you guys, jeb and rick. (from cincinnati) Right now, they are closed for the season but I am sure they will open soon. I will call them today if I get the chance. Not so sure I like the price tho, but I have seen worse. Major downfall is that they are only open on Saturdays and Sundays. When I call I will find out about being there a couple of extra days (their website says you can ask about it).

Mule Ridge Recreational Park
5077 State Highway 63
Hillsdale, Indiana 47854
765-665-0333
Daily Pass - $20, 17 and Under $15; Two Day Pass - $35
http://www.muleridge.com/index.htm
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

Mama says I am special so we are a special event!! The KDX club, we can have like shirts made up and all. :lol: I could do Mule ridge. THere looks to be a few places around there. If Mule Ridge sucks Attica is not far (30 miles or so). I have been to Attica alot and would like to try Mule Ridge or one of the other parks.
Indiana sucks for alcohol laws, we have to go to IL for beer on Sundays. Atticas campground website says nothing about no alcohol, just quiet time. Seems to me that the few people I have met from here none of us are the loud obnoxious type unless we were all on our best behavior.
Riding is living everything else, is just waiting.
Master of the casual pace
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

St joe looks awesome.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Are we closer to a consensus . . . and a list of participants?
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

I am about 90% sure I am in for Mule Ridge. I would most likely spend 1 night so I would prefer not to drive too far. The sooner we have something concrete the better my chances, as I cann't take the baby with and my wife works every other weekend. I could maybe do a Friday to Sunday if We are close enough.
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Mule Ridge sounds good for a short trip in future (since they're not open).
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Okay.....called Mule Ridge TWICE today. Got no answer either time. My opinion is that even if they ARE closed for the season, someone should be there to answer questions, or there should be a number to call to get answers. (Can I get an AMEN?!) Next idear.
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
Jeb wrote:Are we closer to a consensus . . . and a list of participants?
I think we have reached a "this is a pain in the ass" point in time.
BIG SIGH!!!!! :doh:
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

>|<>QBB<
radonc73 wrote:Mama says I am special so we are a special event!! The KDX club, we can have like shirts made up and all. :lol: I could do Mule ridge. THere looks to be a few places around there. If Mule Ridge sucks Attica is not far (30 miles or so). I have been to Attica alot and would like to try Mule Ridge or one of the other parks.
Indiana sucks for alcohol laws, we have to go to IL for beer on Sundays. Atticas campground website says nothing about no alcohol, just quiet time. Seems to me that the few people I have met from here none of us are the loud obnoxious type unless we were all on our best behavior.
158 mi – about 2 hours 44 mins to attica for us. got a web address?
radonc73
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by radonc73 »

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

I have not been there this year they had no track last year. It was $15 a day until last year. THey have a campground on the road in.
I hope this thread doesn't die out. We had a small group last year and it was great.
83 KDX 200
93 KDX 250
84 YTM 225 DX 3-WHEELER
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
radonc73 wrote:http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

I have not been there this year they had no track last year. It was $15 a day until last year. THey have a campground on the road in.
I hope this thread doesn't die out. We had a small group last year and it was great.
Yes . . . or wait, I mean yes to your "no" - we don't want the thread to die out.

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Didn't mean to hijack your thread...I will be quiet now! :mrgreen:
I didn't think you were hijacking - the dialogue is exactly what I was hoping for. We'll flesh out a trip or two one way or another.

And I think we ought to consider two trips: one in July and one in September. So here's my suggestion: Hatfield and McCoy in July, St Joes in September.

But that doesn't mean we can't meet up at one of the in-between places on other weekend - you IL area folks pick the weekend and Rick and I (and probably a few others) will get out there.

TO ANYONE INTERESTED: As of this evening I'm working on some other folks local to go to Hatfield and McCoy, Browning Fork has the most trails/options to offer (Black Mountain is a backup). I think we should be able to end up with the minimum of 4. But more are welcome (and very much wanted) and will make it even more cost effective for all:

$25-$30 per night
$47 for the permit if it's H&M (good for the entire year)
Whatever $ you need for food/drink, remember that we'll have close proximity to grocery stores.

The plan is to meet up Friday afternoon / early evening, get groceries and prepped up, ride all day Saturday and Sunday (with whatever breaks back at the cabin as we see fit), ride Monday 1/2 day to all day (depending on when you want to return).

Remember, a scenario could be something like this: get up, eat breakfast, walk outside and start the bikes, ride down the road and start hitting the 100+ miles trails and single track, ride back for lunch, rest in the air conditioning for however long, go back to the trails, get back at dark . . . all in the same clothes! Then kickback with some supper and a few cold ones, some TV, some lively chat and general BS . . .

So find a buddy to carpool with come out with us!

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

St. Joe's is definately on the calendar for Sept.

I don't know if I can travel too far til then due to my new position at work. I have to get it stable before I can let go a little. Over a weekend would probably be good...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

"The plan is to meet up Friday afternoon / early evening, get groceries and prepped up, ride all day Saturday and Sunday (with whatever breaks back at the cabin as we see fit), ride Monday 1/2 day to all day (depending on when you want to return). "

Dates of Friday, Saturday, Sunday.....um.....month ... year????
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
KDX Butterfly wrote:"The plan is to meet up Friday afternoon / early evening, get groceries and prepped up, ride all day Saturday and Sunday (with whatever breaks back at the cabin as we see fit), ride Monday 1/2 day to all day (depending on when you want to return). "

Dates of Friday, Saturday, Sunday.....um.....month ... year????
Same dates mentioned at the start of the thread: arrive July 18 (Friday), leave July 21 (Monday).

CLICK FOR PICS!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Oh . . . 2008!!

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

That may be doable... but WHERE? I want to have a beer without hiding it!!!!!!! :mad:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Last edited by Indawoods on 08:30 pm Jun 11 2008, edited 1 time in total.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

July 18 is my daughter's b-day.....vince...you understand when i say...not that it will matter...so mid-july it is...(sorry..pms-ing :blink: )where? black mountain?
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:That may be doable... but WHERE? I want to have a beer without hiding it!!!!!!! :mad:
You can drink your beer with open pride in WV . . . or Kentucky!

CLICK FOR PICS!
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Hubby only has one more floating holiday for the year....