Prospect ride September 2005

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Hey Jerry, when you gonna talk about that dude that flipped Brad the bird?
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

My recollection of the ranger posting the No Campfire sign causes Brad to get riled up after I suggest a twig campfire for ambiance. Brad tips back his beverage and begins to rant, er, I mean regale a story to us all about his last brush with the law in these very woods. A local law enforcement officer there abouts named JD or some such. (I can’t remember his full name, so I’ll just call him Barney.) It seems his last trip up there on the July 4th weekend, Brad met up with a ranger who asked to inspect his and Cindy’s OHV tags. It was soon discovered that the lawman had a criminal in front of him. The quad Cindy was riding was out of current registration by a month. Not letting Cindy take over the duties of charming her way out of a potential ticket, Brad assumes responsibility. Barney, shaking his head, stroking his chin and generally looking like he doesn’t have a choice but would sure like to help out, tells them that he really should issue a citation. Brad and Barney talk for a bit and again deputy dawg states that he really has no recourse but that he should write a ticket. More talking and more head shaking and the constable begins to walk away, only to come back for the third time, with a remorseful tone says that it is his duty and really should cite the infraction. Brad, tired of the whole thing, tells him to just write the dam ticket already. And so he does. After laughing about the predictability of Brad’s reaction to the ranger’s thrice threat to write a ticket, I suggest that the officer was hinting towards a bribe. You know, “gee….. I really should write you a ticket” as his eyes roll skyward, and his palm flicks out to catch anything that might be slipped his way. A $20 bill should have sent the ranger off to other parts of the forest, but it seems Brad never considered that he was on the take. I also wonder why Cindy didn’t just do a Daisy Duke on him and get him blushing so bad he would have run away. M0rie and myself elaborate both suggestions on for a bit. Just the thought of this Barney nearly leaving with a stern warning returning 3 times to emphasize his duty and authority in an attempt to shake them up enough never to have to worry about a lapse in registration from them again, and then envisioning Brad finally having enough of this and shouting to just write the ticket is worth chuckling over for several minutes. As the laughs die, I try and think of a story or joke that is appropriate for mixed company and along the same issues of law enforcement. And to my surprise, I have one. A game warden, hearing a shot on the evening before the deer season opener, decided to go investigate. He comes upon a hunter with a large buck draped over his shoulders and across his back. Stopping the hunter, he tells him that hunting season doesn’t officially open until ½ hour before sunrise the following day. The hunter tells the warden that he knows that and proceeds on down the trail. The warden then stops the hunter again and tells him that he will have to write him a citation. The hunter acts surprised and asks him why. The warden says it’s because of the deer he has shot. The hunter says to him, Deer? what deer? The warden points to the buck draped over the hunters shoulders and says why, that one you have right there. The hunter looks to where the ranger is pointing. His face gets a frightened look and with a hurried brush of his hands he grunts Uhhhh, Uhhhhhh!!!!! Dropping the deer onto the ground. (As if the hunter never knew a deer was perched on his shoulder and treating it like a spider or something) This story probably doesn’t translate to type well, but in live telling, and with the gestures, it gets a laugh from Brad, m0rie and Cindy. Or maybe it’s the beer count that makes the story funny. In any case, Brad’s new reply to most obvious statements for the rest of the weekend is Deer? What deer? Ha!!! As the only clean joke I know, I announce that I am finished and wait to hear the next story. While the guys are sitting comfortably around the webber, Cindy is busily preparing dinner. I ask if I can share the grill for my brats I brought along and am told only if I don’t like chicken. I didn’t realize it but Brad and Cindy are prepared to feed m0rie and myself all weekend!! Yum!! The chicken goes on the webber and dinner is ready in short order. Salad, corn on the cobb, as well as other delights. Everything tastes great outdoors and even better if you don’t have to do any of the preparation, but in all due fairness, the food was fantastic!! There was plenty to go around and I was left with a full tummy. While digesting the supper, Brad takes the lid off the Webber and I slip twigs onto the hot coals for a bit of flame. It’s not an official campfire, but it’s nice to see the faces in the firelight as the evening wears on. Looking at the stars, we all marvel at the clarity of the evening’s sky and the Milky Way. At night the sky appears like a giant dome overhead, or an upside-down bowl set upon the horizon as if on a table. The bowl of night is studded with the light of thousands of stars, of varying apparent magnitude. I decide to risk mockery and tell of an evening of stargazing when an object in the heavens was moving, unblinking, across my zenith. Quickly it traveled, from left to right, tracking across the stars. Then, without any forewarning, the object changed direction 90 degrees and headed off at it’s continued pace. The abruptness of the maneuver was outside anything man made that I am aware of. M0rie relates a very similar incident and so we speculate on the phenomenon. Finally, Cindy announces it off to bed with her and we all realize that we are tired and a big day lies ahead tomorrow. Good nights are offered as we all find our ways to our own sleeping arrangements. Tucked into bed, I now feel the night’s chill and it’s not doing my cold any good. I cough and sneeze and begin to shiver. Dang! I forgot my beanie cap for outdoor sleeping. I spend most of the night shivering and trying to keep warm. The sleeping bag is rated to +20 so it should be fine, but the symptoms of the virus I have are affecting me. By morning I’m exhausted and not rested at all. Luckily, we are able to sleep in until 8:30 or so. As the sun begins to warm the tent, I look over at one of the bags I have and spot my sweat clothes. Dang! I could have slipped those on and been plenty warm!! Oh, well. I’m up, Brad’s up, m0rie’s up. Brad shouts there is coffee and we head to the RV where Cindy has a nice breakfast waiting for us all. Over breakfast we review the day’s itinerary and I begin to feel life return to my body. Now anxious to get riding, we suit up and top off the tanks! The first leg of a 100+ mile ride is about to begin!

Next Chapter: An Ideal Day
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

It'll be time for another visit before you finish this report! :shock:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

A visit by you guys to my area. I'm telling you, the riding is great and I've found 2 new areas that are awesome. (I know you guys know awesome after riding John's Peak.) Anyway, more story to come.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Maybe next year when I get 5 days off paid :cry:
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Thanksgiving is coming up. I have the whole week off. Do you get any time off then? I'll be home, just me and the little woman. Both kids have better invites than coming home for Turkey. I'll be deep frying a 20+ lb wild turkey that I'll shoot a day or so before, so you know it'll be fresh. It's just a short 5 or 6 hour drive.
Jerry

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Hmmm, if I could strap the ol kdx on back of my Strom.... :wink:
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Photos of the Prospect ride up in my gallery titled sub album Prospect2005

Here's a sample:

Photo of me and Bigfoot! He rides a KDX and took my photo. I guess he didn't belive in Califorians riding dirtbikes and needed proof to take back to the other Bigfoots! His chest protector barely covers his big hairy breasts! (Stop squeezing me so hard! I promise I won't try to escape)

Jerry

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

GREAT photos Jerry!

I golfed today with a guy that coulda been your twin
(yeah I golf, about as good as I ride)
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

What a frightening thought, wait, it's near halloween. Maybe it was a costume!!
Jerry

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Good pic Wib, but someone needs to photoshop m0rie into it! I think he was guzzling beer and fell down on his way over for the shot.
Jerry

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Prospect ride September 2005

Post by skipro3 »

A blasst from the passsst
Jerry