Brushy Mountain Group Ride

Planning a ride? Let us know about it...
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by royadams »

Had a great time riding with you guys today. I will try and get some vids up in the next few days.
thirdgenlxi
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by thirdgenlxi »

royadams wrote:Had a great time riding with you guys today. I will try and get some vids up in the next few days.
Was great meeting and riding with you guys too!! Had a great time, despite it being a duuussssst bowl, lol. Definitely glad to meet you guys and put a name to a face..... we'll definitely have to do it again! :grin: And yea let me know if you head up this way again. My buddy Scott (the one with the KX-250 that showed up later in the day) and I ride every single weekend. We're going to Brown tomorrow. Hope you guys had a good time! Anxious to see the videos

Hell I was just happy I finally made it up the hill climb without crashing this time, hahah. Didn't make it all the way up the 2nd part of it.... I was planning on it but started to slide around right at the top of the first one, and it tossed me to the left, so I was just like "ooooook well lets just go this way then!" lol

[youtube][/youtube]
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Brushy Mountain Group Ride

Post by royadams »

Good choice, it was looking good till right at the top. I went up the hard way to the right. Made it just about to the first turn off and got nocked off line. When i was turning my bike around i lost my balance and fell off the down hill side. I tumbled down 30-40 feet. When i got back to the truck the batt was dead on the gopro. Hope it died after that.
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

If you guys ever have another KDX get-together at Brushy Mountain, Brown Mountain NC, Doe Mountain TN, Buffalo Mountain WV, Redbird Crest KY, Kairos Wilderness Resort WV/VA, etc... any of these amazing Appalachian trail systems, please do post up here, I'd do my best to join!
'97 KDX220R - purple/green! - KLX forks, Lectron, FMF, Tubliss
'99 KDX220R project - '98/'01 RM125 suspension, Titanium hardware, Lectron Billetron Pro, Tubliss
'77 Suzuki PE250 & '83 Suzuki PE175 Full Floater - restomod projects
'77 Suzuki GS750-844cc, '77 GS400/489cc & '77 GS550/740cc projects
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Suzuki Samurai TDI/Toyota swaps
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Jraldi

Post by Jraldi »

I'll start a post in October, I will be out that way around Thanksgiving and it would be awesome If somebody/ies would like to ride, show me around Brushy or Brown. Now that I'm on the Carolina Coast there's no terrain, only flat, sand, pine trees and riding gets boring, I miss the mountains and need my fix. What sucks even more is my KDX is dialed in better than ever and no real trails to ride...
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

Whereabouts are you at now? NC or SC?
How long of a drive is it for you to Brown Mountain or Brushy?

I've never been to Brushy, but I've been told that the "Enduro Section" there (all the singletracks) is the best hard enduro public trail system in the East, basically like all the hardest sections of Buffalo Mountain / Devil Anse back to back and ten times the mileage...
Brown Mountain OHV in Pisgah National Forest North Carolina is in my opinion quite possibly one of the best trail systems overall in the entire Eastern USA...
Very rocky, but very smooth granite rock outcrops, unlike most of the rugged Appalachian stuff we ride north of there with lots of 90° jagged sandstone ledges, shelves, and boulders.
Brown Mtn is less than 40 miles of official trails, but still... I really feel that it's one of the best intermediate trail systems in this end of the world. Highly recommended as long as you like some rocky sections 👍
'97 KDX220R - purple/green! - KLX forks, Lectron, FMF, Tubliss
'99 KDX220R project - '98/'01 RM125 suspension, Titanium hardware, Lectron Billetron Pro, Tubliss
'77 Suzuki PE250 & '83 Suzuki PE175 Full Floater - restomod projects
'77 Suzuki GS750-844cc, '77 GS400/489cc & '77 GS550/740cc projects
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Suzuki Samurai TDI/Toyota swaps
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
Jraldi

Post by Jraldi »

I live near the SC/NC line outside N. Myrtle. I assume roughly 4 hrs to them. I am going out that way for 5 days around Thanksgiving and will bring my bike if I can find anyone to ride with.