Indiana Riding Spots

Reviews of riding areas...
ldspowersports
Supporting Member

Indiana Riding Spots

Post by ldspowersports »

I did not see any posts for this but for those of you in Illinois, Ohio, Michigan and Kentucky there are a few places to ride in Indiana that are a lot of fun.

1.) Badlands Off Road Park - Attica, Indiana
This is an old limestone/gravel pit that offers hundreds of acres of sandy hill climbs, trails, woods riding and just about any other type of riding you want to do. They have camping, a service shop, and a parts shop. I think admission is still $20. Attica is near Lafayette which is in the north-western part of the state.

2.) Haspin Acres- Laurel, Indiana (Southeast)
This is another fun riding park. This is a woods rider forte because there are hundreds of acres of woods and trails, motocross tracks, and off-road dragstrip. You can also camp here which is what we used to do a lot. This is about $16 a person if I am not mistaken.

Enjoy!

Luke :supz:
wvsp612

indiana riding areas

Post by wvsp612 »

Another good spot if you are family oriented is lawrence county recreation park, about 12 miles south of bloomington. 400 acres, lots of trail, camping on site, $15 entry fee. No dune buggys, 4x4s, etc, only atvs and bikes. good areas for kids also, but no tracks.

IMHO Haspin is dangerous, too many 4x4s, bune buggys, etc. Some good, very technical trails though.
Cody
2003 KDX 200
ldspowersports
Supporting Member

Post by ldspowersports »

Haspin is good when it isn't busy. It can be a wild place for sure. Thanks for the info on Lawrence County Park, I have not heard of that one.

Luke
DirtBikeDad
Supporting Member

Post by DirtBikeDad »

This is good to know, thanks for the heads up as I haven't found much via mi amigo "Google"

It's now official that I have to move from my current east coast
dirtbike riding mecca to the Indianapolis Indiana area as my company lays
the foundation for our new corporate headquarters infrastructure with myself
and my CFO as the first 2 bricks. With that being said, I'm just not finding
much on-line in the way of riding areas other than a couple of the aforementioned quad/jeep/rail buggie parks.
DirtBikeDad
Jeremiah 29:11-13
"That's not flying, it's falling............with Style"
'99 Honda CR250R (Keith)
'99 Honda CR250R (Wilson 15)
'00 Yamaha YFM350 Warrior (Travis 13)
'90 Kawasaki 220 Bayou (Farm Toy)
KDX Butterfly
Queen B
Queen B

Post by KDX Butterfly »

Haven't tried this place yet (no bathrooms; and dammit! i'm a girl!) Anyway. We will someday. Actually, being a girl has nothing to do with it. I know what leaves NOT to use! :lol:

http://brushyridgemotosports.com/
"If I were just two inches taller, I wouldn't be me." ~KDX Butterfly
nearma12

Post by nearma12 »

Just went to the Badlands on Sunday. It is a great place to ride. It is strange to see huge sand dunes in Indiana! It is 2 hours away from me, but I am going to try to make it there at least 2-3 times per year.
GhostRider11

Post by GhostRider11 »

Went out to the Badlands for the first time two weeks back. Not really too much of a fan of these parks with heavily intersected trails, that and the sand beat my :butthead: . On a slow day it really isn't too bad, but there are too many irresponsible riders (mostly on 4 wheels) that could cause some serious harm.

For my money I'll drive to a place with some sweet single track one-way loops. That is where I would have been, but the rain the week before closed those trails on me.
ldspowersports
Supporting Member

Post by ldspowersports »

Laurel is probably the logical choice for you then...Sometimes we ride along the St. Mary's river between Decatur, and Fort Wayne. There is some good single track there, and some nice open woods area that breaks the trails up as you go.

Luke
ZacKdxtreme
Supporting Member

Indiana Riding Spots

Post by ZacKdxtreme »

im located in peoria il. me and a few buddies are always looking for new places to ride. we usually go to Brushy ridge. that place has come along way from what it has been. they now sell food, and have bathrooms. the owner is an avid dirtbiker so he has spots that on dirtbike only. usually once a year we go to st joes park in missouri and its always a good time. we will have to try out a few of the parks listed above. :supz:
95 KDX 200
98 KDX 200
18 KTM300XC