fuel ratio recommendation

Got questions? We got answers....
2001kdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

fuel ratio recommendation

Post by 2001kdx »

ok, im not sure which mixture is best for me, 32:1 wasnt as good, 36:1 is a bit better. i use hp2 synthetic oil
i have:
factory jetting {not changed}
removed snorkel
fmf powercore 2 silencer
when i removed the whole airbox lid, it would bog out down low, the have an improved hit in the middle. was the bog due to jetting?
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

A bog is a sign of lean condition. Removing the lid does help get more air in so it does make an overall lean change. There could be many other things to consider though, considering the bike is 5 years old. Air filter condition (ripped or not sealed), carb condition, reed condition... Asking a question like "would a bog be due to jetting" is pretty open to speculation. A leak between the carb and reed cage makes a great lean condition and that is NOT jetting. If the carb still has the factory jetting and ran perfectly before the lid was removed then I would think that yes it would need a jetting change now to compensate for the mod.

As far as ratio, most run 40:1 but 32:1 won't hurt anything nor would 50:1 with the correct high quality pre-mix
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

There is no "correct, best, proper, ect" ratio. As bradf stated...there is a range of ratio's that will work fine.

The key is to pick a ratio...then jet the bike. Changing the ratio to attempt to correct a jetting issue is not the way to fix a JETTING problem.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

I have a 2006 200 I removed the lid (did not like it) put it back on without the snorkle, much better and run 40:1 with stock jetting but i run motul oil. But every bike is diffrent so you need to try diffrent things to make yours run the way you like it.
06 200H

GALLERY!
grump99

Post by grump99 »

40:1 is a good place to start. 16 oz of oil in 5 gallons of gas, nice and easy to remember. :grin: