KDX fork seals

Got questions? We got answers....
Photoguy
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

KDX fork seals

Post by Photoguy »

I have 1991 KDX200 Im changing the fork seals can anyone offer advise on removing these bears without taking the forks apart. If not what do I need to get the tubes apart. Is it as as simple as removing the Valve from the bottom of the tube.
Thanks guys
Bill
TMFabrication

Post by TMFabrication »

You will have to take them apart completely. You'll need a 14mm allen for the bottom of the fork leg. Once they are drained and the bottom bolt is out (an impact gun works wonders) they will pop right apart. Easy job, I jsut did my first set ever on my 92. Google and you will find step by step directions. Good luck.
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Impact wrench trick did not work for me, I gave up and took it too a shop
Went to pick up a couple days later, guy at shop failed to get them apart also

So then I tried making the tool to hold the damper rod on the inside, but I could not find a hard enough nut. I eventually ordered the tool from FRP

I recently found at Autozone, a 3 piece allan head set that includes a 12, 14 and 17mm
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS