Pro X piston kit wrist pin side to side play

Got questions? We got answers....
JZ05220r
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Pro X piston kit wrist pin side to side play

Post by JZ05220r »

Hey guys, was just wondering if it is normal for some side to side play of the wrist pin, between the 2 circlips. I have a video showing the side to side play. I assume it’s normal. https://youtube.com/shorts/hhZrhjjLrjk? ... XpSwVkbQCa
2005 KDX220r 1991 KDX200 2022 KTM 500excf
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Pro X piston kit wrist pin side to side play

Post by SS109 »

Yes, not an issue.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
JZ05220r
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by JZ05220r »

Thanks, I’m getting close to getting the the bike back together as it’s been sitting apart in my basement since well before winter at this point. Not putting anymore money into the engine after this, I have sunk too much. Just need to ensure everything is sealed nicely and off I’ll go. This should be my year to finally enjoy the bike for what it is! I have gone to a 200, I’ll be running the boyeson carbon pro series reeds, lectron carb, and PC2 pipe. I have wanted to get the suspension done for awhile as well but just haven’t been able to justify it because of the issues I have had. I’m very excited. Hopefully I can ulitize my go pro and show some of the trails I ride, most of them are accessed directly from the backyard.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Well, it's a new year my man! I hope you report back with good news and some vid to watch!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
kdxdazz

Post by kdxdazz »

JZ05220r wrote: 12:52 am Jan 04 2024 Thanks, I’m getting close to getting the the bike back together as it’s been sitting apart in my basement since well before winter at this point. Not putting anymore money into the engine after this, I have sunk too much. Just need to ensure everything is sealed nicely and off I’ll go. This should be my year to finally enjoy the bike for what it is! I have gone to a 200, I’ll be running the boyeson carbon pro series reeds, lectron carb, and PC2 pipe. I have wanted to get the suspension done for awhile as well but just haven’t been able to justify it because of the issues I have had. I’m very excited. Hopefully I can ulitize my go pro and show some of the trails I ride, most of them are accessed directly from the backyard.
do you know what metering rod is in the lectron? i have 1 lectron on my kdx200 and 1 lectron on my kdx220sr and not happy with either, metering rods are either too lean or too rich, tried 3 different rods and at $80 AUD each i can see myself going back to a pwk quickly
1999 KDX220SR (KDX220-B5)
Chuck78
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Chuck78 »

kdxdazz wrote: 07:37 am Jan 04 2024
JZ05220r wrote: 12:52 am Jan 04 2024 Thanks, I’m getting close to getting the the bike back together as it’s been sitting apart in my basement since well before winter at this point. Not putting anymore money into the engine after this, I have sunk too much. Just need to ensure everything is sealed nicely and off I’ll go. This should be my year to finally enjoy the bike for what it is! I have gone to a 200, I’ll be running the boyeson carbon pro series reeds, lectron carb, and PC2 pipe. I have wanted to get the suspension done for awhile as well but just haven’t been able to justify it because of the issues I have had. I’m very excited. Hopefully I can ulitize my go pro and show some of the trails I ride, most of them are accessed directly from the backyard.
do you know what metering rod is in the lectron? i have 1 lectron on my kdx200 and 1 lectron on my kdx220sr and not happy with either, metering rods are either too lean or too rich, tried 3 different rods and at $80 AUD each i can see myself going back to a pwk quickly

Mine worked brilliantly on my 220R, but I have heard of several people complaining that they weren't happy with the metering rod profiles running them on 200's. Some of which said they absolutely loved Lectrons on other bikes.
The 220SR is a different cylinder porting configuration from the 220R as far as I know, which could explain the difference between your tuning experiences vs my 220R.

This is a very good argument for the Lectron Billetron Pro Series 38 carb. It's not actually a 38, but funneled down to a 34mm at the metering rod and adjustable jet tube areas fir higher air velocity and better fuel atomization. You have three adjustable circuits like a PWK, but better. On the standard Lectron Legacy style power jet carbs, you only have two adjustable circuits. On the SmartCarb SC2 36, which mind you is a BRILLIANT carb, you only have one adjustable circuit and must swap the entire metering rod if that circuit isn't exactly catered to your entire range of fueling needs.
The SmartCarbs do not fit an H-Series KDX frame whatsoever without frame mods, FYI, but reportedly run very well in KDX/KX hybrids.

The Billetron Pro Series is quite pricey though, but worth it for those who really want the ultimate in carbs. You really can't go wrong with a properly jetted genuine Keihin PWK35 Air Striker though, but a properly tuned Billetron Pro Series will get better low RPM response and better fuel mpg than a well tuned PWK still.
'97 KDX220R - purple/green! - KLX forks, Lectron, FMF, Tubliss
'99 KDX220R project - '98/'01 RM125 suspension, Titanium hardware, Lectron Billetron Pro, Tubliss
'77 Suzuki PE250 & '83 Suzuki PE175 Full Floater - restomod projects
'77 Suzuki GS750-844cc, '77 GS400/489cc & '77 GS550/740cc projects
'62 GMC 1000 Panel Truck
'88 Suzuki Samurai TDI/Toyota swaps
'88 Toyota 4x4 pickup
kdxdazz

Post by kdxdazz »

Chuck78 wrote: 08:18 am Jan 04 2024

Mine worked brilliantly on my 220R, but I have heard of several people complaining that they weren't happy with the metering rod profiles running them on 200's. Some of which said they absolutely loved Lectrons on other bikes.
The 220SR is a different cylinder porting configuration from the 220R as far as I know, which could explain the difference between your tuning experiences vs my 220R.

This is a very good argument for the Lectron Billetron Pro Series 38 carb. It's not actually a 38, but funneled down to a 34mm at the metering rod and adjustable jet tube areas fir higher air velocity and better fuel atomization. You have three adjustable circuits like a PWK, but better. On the standard Lectron Legacy style power jet carbs, you only have two adjustable circuits. On the SmartCarb SC2 36, which mind you is a BRILLIANT carb, you only have one adjustable circuit and must swap the entire metering rod if that circuit isn't exactly catered to your entire range of fueling needs.
The SmartCarbs do not fit an H-Series KDX frame whatsoever without frame mods, FYI, but reportedly run very well in KDX/KX hybrids.

The Billetron Pro Series is quite pricey though, but worth it for those who really want the ultimate in carbs. You really can't go wrong with a properly jetted genuine Keihin PWK35 Air Striker though, but a properly tuned Billetron Pro Series will get better low RPM response and better fuel mpg than a well tuned PWK still.
the kdx220sr has the same porting and cylinder as the kdx220 r but the SR cylinder head is different,of which i will do a post on it and ask for a comparison, will go buy some plastic today so can CC the head

i don't think i could justify spending billetron money on a 20 year old bike which already has so many design flaws, will wait until i get my other kdx220sr back together so i can test the 28mm keihin PE roundslide which im thinking might be even more superior to my needs than a lectron.
i think lectron has designed metering rod profiles that work well in north america but simply don't work well close to the equator, feel like the idle is much superior to the keihin though
1999 KDX220SR (KDX220-B5)
JZ05220r
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by JZ05220r »

I believe it’s the 3-2