KDX parts cross reference list?

Got questions? We got answers....
soup-n-sandwich

KDX parts cross reference list?

Post by soup-n-sandwich »

Hi guys,
I'm in the middle of a KDX H series build. There a quite a bit of limitations regarding parts and accessories as I'm sure you all know. The OEM parts that are still available are off the charts stupid expensive so OEM usually isn't an option.

I remember parts for other Kawasaki bikes (KLX, KX, etc.) working on the KDX. Kickstarter, frame guards, headlight, kickstand, pegs, etc.
Do you guys know of a cross reference document or list that allows us to use a part from another Kawasaki model for the KDX H series bikes?

It seems like the KLX frame in certain years is identical and I understand that different pieces of certain year KXs will work on the H series KDX...like the Kickstart level from the 125 if I recall.

Oh almost forgot. I'm looking for the white radiator shrouds of the 1999 KDX200. Does anyone know where I can get these?

Any thoughts on this guys?
C
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: KDX parts cross reference list?

Post by bufftester »

Most of the parts houses (RMATV, Motosport, etc) you can look up an OEM part number and see all of the models it will work on.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I don't know of someone who has done all the leg work, then made a list. You will find a few random posts about things like a kickstart knuckle and such.

Slight correction, the OEM parts numbers are shown as to which models that part number had a model which used it when new. A different part or color might work, but won't show up on the various sites.

Soup, keep looking on eBay for white shrouds. You may be looking for a long time or paying a lot of money. You are not going to find rare parts and cheap prices mixing together very often. :-)
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
soup-n-sandwich

Post by soup-n-sandwich »

bufftester wrote: 03:12 pm Sep 19 2022 Most of the parts houses (RMATV, Motosport, etc) you can look up an OEM part number and see all of the models it will work on.
Thanks man. I attempted to look up the white shrouds on Rocky Mountain but don't recall finding anything.
KDXGarage wrote: 06:35 pm Sep 19 2022 I don't know of someone who has done all the leg work, then made a list. You will find a few random posts about things like a kickstarter knuckle and such.

Slight correction, the OEM parts numbers are shown as to which models that part number had a model which used it when new. A different part or color might work, but won't show up on the various sites.

Soup, keep looking on eBay for white shrouds. You may be looking for a long time or paying a lot of money. You are not going to find rare parts and cheap prices mixing together very often. :-)
Thanks KDXG.
Yeah...a I never really noticed this before but why is the KDX like the only bike that has a steel kickstarter, rear brake pedal and shift lever. Weird. You can't find aluminum in any of these parts. Even the aftermarket parts are steel that replaces the OEM stuff.

I remember one of the KX125 kickstarter working on the KDX but can't seem to find which one.

Can you explain what you mean when speaking about the OEM parts? Are you saying if I look up the part for a 1999 KDX radiator shroud there might be another part number for it offer more options?
Soup
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

It was not a no expense spared model.
Another thing on the shift lever and brake pedal is that they have a better chance to be bent back into shape.

1999 was the only year Kawasaki had the white shrouds. I don't remember seeing any by UFO, Acerbis, etc.

Several sites will show the part number. You click on the part number and it shows which models came with that exact part numbered part. It will not show that the white shrouds can be mounted on some other KDX. There are several examples of KDX parts that will not be listed, but will work on another KDX (tires, seats, etc.)

There used to be more aftermarket option when the KDX was still in production. It is the same for other models. They sold a lot of 2003 KX125s. You can't find the same amount of aftermarket options now, as that was 20 years ago. Very rarely does someone buy a KDX for $2,500 then hop on here asking where to find $5,000 of aftermarket new parts. People with that kind of money usually just buy a fairly recent model for $6,000 then throw $1,500 of parts at it.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128